NBA 2012 -- 2013

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-3 Lakers get some bad news...

Nash fractures fibula

The Mighty One replies on his Facebook page:

"You have to know 400 notes that you can play, then pick the right four." -- Miles Davis

The process takes work and dedication, no matter the profession.

Mamba out

PS: I wonder which one of the two, Miles or Kobe, has the biggest ego....

Edited by Matthew

I was surprised to hear that Roy was playing again. Hope he is able to regain his old form.

Speaking of knee issues... I picked Eric Gordon for my fantasy team thinking he had fully recovered from his knee injury. Dude is a flat out scoring machine when healthy. Now there are conflicting reports on whether he will need microfracture surgery on his knee. Not good.

Heat over Nuggets on last-minute Ray Allen heroics. Parenthetical: maybe I'm reading too much into things here, but my sense is that LeBron is going out of his way in the early going to be a distributor, a Spoelstra-endorsed strategy. You only need one point to tie but you draw up a play whose second option is the kick-out 3? Why? Only reason I can think of is that they really want to make Allen feel valued and don't care if that causes them to drop a game here and there in the regular season.

Who's the better 0-3 team, Nuggets or Lakers?

I doubt that Phil will come back. He's done everything he wanted to do. No need to take on anything more at his age.

Report say Jackson is "open" to coaching again -- though I wonder if Jeanie Buss is the source. I really don't like the idea of Jackson coming back, I don't think Nash would be happy with running a triangle offense, which has no need for a point guard.

Brian Shaw makes the most sense: He's Kobe's guy, he knows the players and front office (of course, they passed over him for Brown), so the adjustment time might be short. D'antoni has never won a thing, and the Lakers are not built for his system, it would pound these old geezers into the ground; I don't think Jackson and Kobe can coexist. Back in the day, in a situation like this, the Lakers use to promote from within, but that isn't going to happen with this group, there is huge pressure to win now. Sloan just doesn't seem right on a lot of levels -- if he thought Daron Williams was bad, just wait until he sees Kobe & Howard.

Edited by Matthew

How about Fish as player-coach? The Lakers need some bench more than a high-priced coach. Bernie can direct the floor when Fish is in for his 8-12 minutes if need be. With all of the advanced scouting & support staff nowadays I think it's actually more possible to have a player-coach now.

How about Fish as player-coach? The Lakers need some bench more than a high-priced coach. Bernie can direct the floor when Fish is in for his 8-12 minutes if need be. With all of the advanced scouting & support staff nowadays I think it's actually more possible to have a player-coach now.

Might work, Derek has the respect and knowledge of the players, he also knows about the "Lakers Way" of doing things, if that means anything now-a-days. Though, I think that Nate McMillan is a very good coach, and would do well with the Lakers.

In other news in The Conference That Doesn't Matter Anyway Because We All Know What LeBron's Going To Do In Mayâ„¢, I hear the second-best team in Los Angeles has hired Mike D'Antoni for his next job getting mercilessly abused by superstar players coaching.

Hey, thanks for ruining my morning! Really????? D'antoni????? WHAT. THE. HECK!!!!!!! The guy has done nothing, he couldn't win with the Suns (even with Nash a two time MVP) or the Knicks, and he's going to run his offense with a bunch of old timers???? Really???? I thought it was all about championships this year for the Lakers, and there is now way Showtime's going anywhere because to beat the Thunder or Heat, a team has to actually play defense. I don't care what their regular season record is, it'll be a second round exit for the Lakers -- a team cannot win come playoff time without any defense. What a freakin' mess. dry.gif

Edited by Matthew