NBA 2012 -- 2013

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heat could win 30 in a row

They play some crappy teams in the next 2 weeks

They play SA on the last day of the month

Gotta watch out for those crappy teams as they can bring a team down to their level of crapitude. :lol:

It's a good thing the Spurs are playing at home, otherwise Pops might rest the stars and Stern would have to fine the team 100 million. Although I just noticed the Spurs have to fly out to Memphis for a game the next night. Oh dear, ya think Duncan only plays 12 minutes...

Cavs had a shot to win #11 in the streak down in Miami. Led by 8 with about 5 minutes to go, but Heatles pulled it out 109-105.

Tomorrow night: No Kyrie, No Waiters, No Varejao, No Chance!!!

The offense (such as it is) will run through Tristan Thompson, Sean Livingston, and Wayne Ellington. LeBron will sit on the bench (comfortably) for the entire fourth quarter. It will be a showcase game for Cleveland State alum Norris Cole. Book it.

Such a yawner of an NBA season. The Heat are going to win it all and scarcely break a sweat doing it. Their team is too good. They didn't need any changes to still be the favorite, and instead they got upgrades and more depth at multiple positions. My guess is OKC will return to the Finals to face the Heat and get beat worse than last season. I'll be rooting hard for the Lakers, who will go down in the first round if they make the playoffs. Then I'll be all in for the Clippers, who won't have enough. San Antonio's team of virtual unknowns will fall back to earth. Every team in the East who might give the Heat a fight is depleted or old. Size up the rings for LeBron and company.

I hope otherwise for the Spurs, but they'll need to prove it. They have consistently done well during the regular season only to collapse in the playoffs many a time. Their system works though, and this year I think there's enough solid backup to allow Duncan & Ginobili the rest they need to play well still.

I'd love to see Pop coach Timmy & the Spurs to another title, much more than I'd like to watch the Heat win again. The Spurs are a class organization, especially now that Karate Kid Bowen is in the announcing booth instead of purposely getting under opposing players feet so they roll their ankles (a dirty skill he passed to Dahnte Jones, apparently).

Sacramento Kings assistant coach Clifford Ray recalls the time he helped a local aquarium by using his long arms to pull out a screw swallowed by a dolphin.

------------------

not nba, but bigtime college basketball---

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/03/bernstein-alford-already-lying-at-ucla/

ucla's dubious hire.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

RIP

The rest of the season for the Lakers

Mamba tears his Achilles' tendon

Well, the Lakers stunk the whole season, I can't get too enthusiastic about a "playoff drive" for the eighth spot to play the one seed. You should check out Mamba's rant on his Facebook page.