Aubrey Plaza

JSngry

Indeed. And I have no "urges" for her, just a delight in her persona. And her eyes. I really enjoy women who have crazy eyes but who are not clinically crazy. And Aubrey Plaza definitely has crazy eyes! It's that spark that lets you know that they know that they're not being fooled by any of it as they go about their business of getting over by making people think that they are.

Now Daria, otoh, I would SO do Daria (as would, I suspect, many men of many ages). But Daria's a cartoon. And she doesn't have crazy eyes, just the sexy voice in cartoon form.

And you better be watching Parks & Recs!

Oh, I do. But not until baseball season's over. Caught up w/this season's first five episodes on On Demand last night. Now that she's working in DC, the opportunity for quirk is less likely to randomize, but it's all the more funny when it does because of that.

Like when she was stuck in traffic with that guy, Knope's boyfriend, and she's looking through his CDs and being predictably meh and finally says "why do you have all these soundtracks?" and the guy says, "I look at them like they're mixtapes that really cool directors have made just for me" and she just says "no" with that look and that body language, SHUTS DOWN the conversation immediately.HA!

and then the time when she was motivating this slacker intern and she gets all up in his face and softly-but-firmly tells him that she knows where she lives and she will come to his house while he's asleep and eat his eyeballs out, just bring a melon-baller and scoop them out and eat them right there in his bed and then his rich senator daddy will have to get him a wheelchair (or something like that, I forget that part) if he doesn't get the website updated like RIGHT NOW and then she gives him a gentle kiss on the forehead, a soft smile, and goes back to her desk. HA!

You can only write so much of that. The rest of it has to come from within. And she brings it every time!

• 3 weeks later...