Scheduled upgrade for 9am EST tomorrow

Jim Alfredson

But after I posted above, I clicked on "View New Content" again, and this thread had disappeared from that list. Weird.

Look at the left column on the screen, under "By time period." Change "Content I have not read" to "New since my last visit."

Thanks - figured it out while you were posting.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The main reason for the upgrade was because the old version was no longer supported. Keeping on top of security updates is a must in this modern internet-fueled world. I was finally able to re-open the registration system with this new version. The old version had a backdoor hole that allowed spambots to bypass all the security checks and we were getting inundated with fake accounts. That alone is worth the price.

Like anything else, when it's new it seems strange but after a week we'll all get used to it.

I posted to the CFL thread, but the thread did not appear when I clicked on View New Content, although the thread did move to the top of the Misc. Non-Political forum.

Is there a glitch, or does the poster not see via View New Content when he has added to a thread?

PS - Now I don't see this thread being at the top of the View New Content list either, so maybe that answers the question.

Edited by GA Russell

When you hit "View New Content" and the page loads, you'll see a menu on the left hand side. Whatever is highlighted in magenta is the option currently in use. It deafults to "Content I have not read yet". Since you made a new post, it assumes you've read it. :) Pick "Past month" or "Past year" and you'll get threads you've already seen as well as threads with unread replies.

One thing I regret is that when you check a page you are not directed to the last current post but to the top of the last page :o

I'm getting this "problem" as well. I've tried switching from "Content I Have Not Read" and "New Since My Last Visit" in the "View New Content" link, but every time I click a page I am directed to the very first page/post of the thread. It's frustrating...

I'm using and iPad 2, if that helps anything.

Other than that I like the new look!

Currently you can ignore signatures but not avatars. There is a third party plug that allows ignoring avatars. I'll look into it to see if it's safe / stable / etc.

To ignore signatures, click on your name at the upper right top of the page, you'll see several options. Choose "Manage Ignore Prefs". You can globally ignore signatures by checking the box at the top "Ignore all signatures when reading topics" or you can choose individual member signatures to ignore. You can also ignore individual's posts, messages (private), or chats.