SoMeThInG CoRpOrAtE

Guest Chaotikmind

Guest Chaotikmind

Im over here at Universal and just wanted to let you guys know about this amazing band and their new album North. If you havent heard of them go check them out at somethingcorporate.com , as their new single "Ruthless" is being released...you wont be disappointed :winky:

Ps: for those fans out there, they have an article on them by MTV :

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1484622/2...corporate.jhtml

MTV articles, like all other texts, must be carefully deconstructed with a view to the specific discourses and narratives of their times. Until we look at the variety of multifaceted interpretations of such discourses of power, we will never be able to grasp their true depth.

MTV articles, like all other texts, must be carefully deconstructed with a view to the specific discourses and narratives of their times. Until we look at the variety of multifaceted interpretations of such discourses of power, we will never be able to grasp their true depth.

:g

Lovely.

As I'm guessing that this thread will soon be history, I propose that it be used to CHAT!

How was your day?

I've had this cold and I managed to cough so much that I've lost my voice. Took the day off to rest but just received a call from my wonderful (18 year old) niece and was on the phone for over an hour. Needless to say, my vocal cords are now toast.

How did I manage to get sick, you're wondering? Well, my 10 year old niece spent the weekend over at my place and, while she wasn't obviously ailing, it's my guess that she was carrying the bug.

Anyway? I bough a new car? And being the neat-freak that I am, I've been cleaning the thing EVERY weekend IN MY GARAGE! (In Buffalo folks.) Maybe that's how I got sick.

Has it ever been determined if a person can catch a cold from the cold?

I'll soon do the gargle thing, take some cough syrup (cherry flavor!) and rest. (I asked a young man at the Walgreen's pharmacy counter what he would recommend but, explaining the he was "only a technician", he referred me to the pharmacist. Went for the cheaper Walgreen's brand over the Robitussin at the suggestion of the pharmasist. I think I chose well.)

(What exactly is a technician? He's basically running the cash register at the phamacy counter and he's a technician? I just don't get it.)

Gargling with salt water. Exactly how much salt do I add to the water? Haven't a clue.

OH! And I visited my Mon this past Wednesday? She suggested that I rub Vicks on my chest and apply a warm towel. Tried that but, as I have a hairy chest, as expected, VERY unpleasant. Can't say that it worked. (She even gave me the Vicks AND the towel! Of course, I'll return the unused portion... after I remove all detached chest hairs from the container.)

OH! And I have a client? And she's a doctor? Her mother swears by this remedy: before going to bed, tie a sock -- a RED sock -- around your neck - pinning the ends. I spoke to her later and told her (lied) that I tried the sock thing (NOT red, though) but that it didn't work.

OH! Is it just me or isn't Friday the VERY BEST day to get spammed?

Edited by Chaney

I love the questionmarks you added at the end of those few too many sentences Chaney, you are not my neighbour by chance are you? She talks just like that.

I don't know what you could be talking about?

B)

I love the questionmarks you added at the end of those few too many sentences Chaney, you are not my neighbour by chance are you? She talks just like that.

I don't know what you could be talking about?

B)

getting paranoia now. thanks a bunch. are you trying to peek in by any chance? I just saw the curtains moving when I looked up.

getting paranoia now. thanks a bunch. are you trying to peek in by any chance? I just saw the curtains moving when I looked up.

Not to worry.

Details of the disturbing lifestyle choices you've made will remain secret.

:winky:

What exactly is a technician? He's basically running the cash register at the phamacy counter and he's a technician? I just don't get it.)

I think that the technician is called a technician because in addition to doing the highly technical work of running the modern high tech cash registers, they can also dump pills through the even higher tech pill counter and stuff. It's all very technical you know and far better than being a lowly cashier :rolleyes:

Is it "questionmark" or "question mark"?

If it's "questionmark", then it would seem to refer specifically to the object that is seen at the end of the sentence. The thing that look like "?".

If it's "question mark", it could be interpreted as more of a statement, namely that the object at the end of the sentence signifies that the sentence itself is indeed a question, i.e. the "mark of a question".

Which one is it, ChAoTiKmInD? If you take a pass on this, then couw is welcome to chime in.

What's interesting is this Chaotikmind fellow, or someone from the same computer, has created account here before under the pseudonyms, "soulsinger41" (who never posted) and PopLyfe81 (what's with this person? Can't they spell?) who did post a confusing post about a Prince DVD here.

I doubt we'll see Chaotikmind again. In a couple months he/she might be doing a google search for music forums to spam and see us again and of course completely forget that he/she has been here before. Then we'll get MuzikLuvR posting about the new P Diddy single or something.

:rolleyes:

And after doing a google search myself, I found this interesting thread from our friend PopLyfe81. It's about the Prince DVD... this time posted on a classic car enthusiast website.

And then there's this one, which is actually on a music related site. Maybe this is someone who works for one of those 21st century ad places out of NY. I saw a report about them. The spin is to advertise to people without them thinking that they are being advertised to (he/she is failing miserably in this regard, but it might be the intent.)

For instance, in the report I saw, an ad company would place a guy/gal in an internet coffee shop and he/she would be playing a computer game with some fancy glove/joystick thing. They would just sit there and play. They would not approach anyone. However, if someone approached them and asked, "Hey what is that?" they would start to tell them how cool it is and "do you want to try it?" and act like it was just something they happened to buy.

Anyway... I just heard this great new band called Something Corporate and THEY ROCK, DUDE!!!!

:g

What I think is funny about this type of spammer is that their posts are so obviously spam by their wording, the tone the message takes, and the phoneyness they exude.

It's like they can't help themselves and/or don't realize how they come across. Much like the worst of the stereotypical over the top salespeople we all know and love- used care salesman, gadget pumpers at county fairs, the old snake oil peddlers and television informercials.

MMMMM...... Now that's great bass! :P

Correction, if MTV wrote an article about them, they must truely be poets and visionaries of the genre!!!

"Our generation really doesn't have any professional poets. It's as though all the 21st-century poets are musicians." — Something Corporate's Josh Partington

oh, for sure!!! How can this not be great????? Josh is such a great guitar player and even a greater singer and a great songwriter. It would be great if they would let us give more than 5 stars - it's gonna be that great. Josh is great and it will be great to hear him on his great new CD. It will be great to hear all his great new tunes. His old songs were great and these will be even greater. I'll bet this is going to be the greatest CD ever.

;)