colinmce

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ordered the Guy box plus a few others to get to that $150.00

The Irabagon trio, Engines with Tchicai, an Rodrigo Amado disc and the Ullman 2 CD set with Stevens, Fonda and George Schuller

thanks for the links

You're welcome. Let me know what you think of the Inrabagon & Ullman.

I'm glad they've decided to do more physical releases. I wish they'd put out a CD/DVD box of the 2011 Tricentric festival.

Yes, that would be great. Thanks for the heads up on the live recording via his site. So, I gather the first Book of Three CD was good?

okl_okl_36754.jpg

watercover2.jpg

rog0046.jpg

I've listening to and enjoying these three. Watershed is probably the best of a good bunch. I've only half a dozen or so Rogue Art discs and have yet to come across a dud. Sound Q is also top notch even with live recordings such as Watershed. There's an interesting video on their site regarding the Watershed recording. Denis Fournier comes across in some places in the video as being a little heavy handed but on the disc itself his touch is excellent. All three recommended.

I'm interested in both the top two, thanks for posting your thoughts. Did you source direct from the label? I'm hoping to find them stocked cheaper locally but to no avail so far

Have you heard the recent Nicole Mitchell w. Adasiewicz on Delmark - excellent in my view but then I'm a big fan of both seperately

okl_okl_36754.jpg

watercover2.jpg

rog0046.jpg

I've listening to and enjoying these three. Watershed is probably the best of a good bunch. I've only half a dozen or so Rogue Art discs and have yet to come across a dud. Sound Q is also top notch even with live recordings such as Watershed. There's an interesting video on their site regarding the Watershed recording. Denis Fournier comes across in some places in the video as being a little heavy handed but on the disc itself his touch is excellent. All three recommended.

http://www.jazzhouserecords.co.uk

I'm interested in both the top two, thanks for posting your thoughts. Did you source direct from the label? I'm hoping to find them stocked cheaper locally but to no avail so far

Have you heard the recent Nicole Mitchell w. Adasiewicz on Delmark - excellent in my view but then I'm a big fan of both seperately

okl_okl_36754.jpg

watercover2.jpg

rog0046.jpg

Alan Ross of Jazz House Records (Leicester) had these for £13 each , which I thought was very reasonable. He's supplied all my Rogue Arts to date, ( the above plus Bindu, Book of Three, Emerald Hills)

I bought the Rogue Art trio 2 disc set 'Velvet Songs' with Ernest Dwakins, Harrison Bankhead and Hamid Drake and although much of music/performance is fine, I found the sound very poor with none of the depth from either Bankhead's bass or Drake's kit eveident in any sort of way.

That experience has me shying away from other Rogue Art discs....

Edited by Steve Reynolds

Thanks I'm a customer already so will contact him

http://www.jazzhouserecords.co.uk

okl_okl_36754.jpg

watercover2.jpg

rog0046.jpg

Alan Ross of Jazz House Records (Leicester) had these for £13 each , which I thought was very reasonable. He's supplied all my Rogue Arts to date, ( the above plus Bindu, Book of Three, Emerald Hills)