Does anybody here know anything about selling comics ?

Hi, I'm looking to sell a collection of Marvel Silver Age comics but can't work out if it's better to sell the whole lot to a dealer/shop or individually via ebay. I don't really know anyone in the comic book fan community and it's 30+ years since I was even close to it, so am in the dark somewhat. Anybody got a torch ?

I've done it both ways (and owned a comic book store at one point), and assuming you've had these for years (meaning you're going to make some serious profit no matter which way you choose), I'd probably go with selling to a dealer; selling them yourself, even on eBay, is a lot more work than it looks like, and then at the end, you're stuck with the dogs anyway. The problem, of course, is your being away from the scene for so long and so not having any connections to find a dealer you can trust (because, as you probably suspect, some of them can't be). If you're in the Bay Area in California, I could steer you in the right direction, but elsewhere I can't help.

Yeah, what Mark said. Also, be prepared to not get nearly what you think they're worth. The comic market isn't what it used to be, even for Silver Age Marvels. If anything's in really exceptional condition and even halfway valuable, you might consider getting it graded and slabbed. If it grades out well, you can get top prices that way.

If your anywhere near a place called Huntington Station, go and visit the comic book store there. Be sure to take a baseball bat and hit the guy on the head for me. I might not get the $89 dollars back he owes me (plus return postage), but I'll feel a lot better knowing he at least has a sore head. BTW never buy vinyl off a comic book seller, unless your sure they know what they're doing.