"You're not stupid, Jazz is stupid..."

RDK

That got a big laugh from me (and my wife poked me in the ribs!) during last week's "The Office."

That was followed by a hilarious bit on "Parks and Recreation" where a faux-PBS station introduced their “Jazz + Jazz = Jazz” show with a recording of Benny Goodman played over a separate recording of Miles Davis. "Research shows that our listeners love jazz."

Edited by RDK

I saw it. . . just didn't thnk it was that funny.

The funniest two comments I've found made about music I play (I worked for about twelve years in a setting where I provided music via my cds and tapes for the whole "store" for about nine years) was:

"What cartoon was that music in?" (playing 'twenties Ellington)

"I'm a music lover too. I like both kinds of music: country AND western."

It's already in English.

To add a bit more detail: I worked in a state agency-run "store" where small agencies could purchase office supplies at "contract" prices that our agency set for all state purchases; I was responsible for the sales floor and front counter. I was allowed to have a stereo system there and play music all day for customers and staff.

Edited by jazzbo

I too saw both those bits last Thursday night and LMFAO-ed, especially the P&R bit (and Aubrey Plaza was again scary-funnygood role-paying "Janet(?) Hitler"...how DID that make it to the air, anyway?!?!?!)...but Dwight and Angela are such "types" that their angst was palpable. I felt their pain with their hand-wringing "JUST PLAY THE RIGHT NOTES!!!"

Because, let's face it - that is the object of the game!

It's already in English.

To add a bit more detail: I worked in a state agency-run "store" where small agencies could purchase office supplies at "contract" prices that our agency set for all state purchases; I was responsible for the sales floor and front counter. I was allowed to have a stereo system there and play music all day for customers and staff.

I was/am confused by the 12 year/9 year deal.