JSngry

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously, I really don't like the way people drive in Houston, and the humidity is ridiculous (and this coming from someone who lives in Dallas). Other than that, hey, home is home, and not home is not home.

That, and every time I go down there, it seems like there's always some kind of tenseness going on. I was in a convenience store just a few years ago where there was a "classic" Asian storeowner/AfricanAmerican customer showdown that resulted in all customers being booted out of the store and the place locked up and darked out, all in the space of about 15 minutes. The whole thing was surreal, b/c the storeowner was dumb, the customer just as dumb, and nobody I was with got their soda pops and bags o'chips.

Always seems like there's stupid going on. Always. Not that Dallas-area is any better, but it being home, I know where to go to not get it.

• 3 weeks later...

We have hotel rooms for the week and tickets for the final concert.

Will I meet any other board members?

I'm talking with my wife about going down for the final concert as well. She's not a big fan of "freaky jazz", as she calls it, but she's a gamer. Hopefully we'll meet at the show.

It is the duo concert with Alvin Fielder that sealed the deal for me. My first day in a recording studio involved both of them.

edit to add the final concert by the quartet is the same grouping as our recording "Snurdy McGurdy and Her Dancin' Shoes", with the omission of A. Spencer Barefield.

Edited by Chuck Nessa