Dedicated... now available

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I got a link to "get my reward" ( whatever that is , download ...??) emailed from kickstarter but it didn't work. I'll try again later. cover looks excellent and totally not what you might expect. Looks mature and exciting at the same time. What was the idea behind the cover ??

Thanks, Scott!

I played "Randiculous" "Up in the Playroom" ""Never Can Say Goodbye" "Three Sisters" and "Patteson's People." Great tunes, wonderful performances. Every tune will get some play. Ralph is perfect for the band.

Also, the package itself is cool. Congratulations, guys.

you get an email with 2 attachments which are zip files-flac and mp3. For some reason, the default opening proram is adobe reader so they don't open. I unzipped them but I can't seem to get them to load into TLH to convert them to wav files. I must be missing a step.

Can't wait for mine!

What will be the procedure to get the bonus downloads?

Bertrand.

I'll send out an email with a link, like I did for the album downloads.

you get an email with 2 attachments which are zip files-flac and mp3. For some reason, the default opening proram is adobe reader so they don't open. I unzipped them but I can't seem to get them to load into TLH to convert them to wav files. I must be missing a step.

I've never messed with FLACs before, so I can't really be of help unfortunately. I did hear from some folks that there's no meta-data in the FLACs, even though the studio that produced them for me said they put the meta-data in. So that's odd.

I also just learned tonight that Cubase 6.5, which I use as my DAW to record all this music for y'all, can convert to FLAC directly within the program. So I'll go that route with the bonus material and see if I have more luck in encoding the meta-data.

Thanks for all the kind words! People seem to be really digging this release, which is a good feeling.

Despite appearing to have a .zip extension, the "attachments" are really hyperlinks to the actual zip files hosted on Google Docs. If you click on one of the links, it should take you to the Google Docs site. I was prompted to sign in with my Google account, and was then able to download and unzip the FLACs with no problems.

Listening to them as I type this. Great stuff!

Despite appearing to have a .zip extension, the "attachments" are really hyperlinks to the actual zip files hosted on Google Docs. If you click on one of the links, it should take you to the Google Docs site. I was prompted to sign in with my Google account, and was then able to download and unzip the FLACs with no problems.

Listening to them as I type this. Great stuff!

yes, music is great (i can play tracks with winamp) but I didn't get linked to google docs and I do have a google acct which I don't use very much. Hopefully, the cd arrives today

Jim,

CD arrived last night and I've listened to it once (albeit at a lower volume than I would have liked as the daughter was asleep). GREAT stuff, and I can't wait to hear the bonus tracks. The groove is strong with you :)

As for the liner notes: a John Patton tribute? Yes, please!

David