BFT emergency

chuckyd4

Well, the world has its own way of getting in the way of things.... long story short, it looks like I am not going to be able to give my blindfold test (#7) the kind of attention I would like to right now (hell, I still haven't made my guesses on #5!).... I have five tracks picked out that I feel really strongly about, but don't have the time right now to flesh out the rest of the disc in an intelligent way.

Anyway, all of which is to say that you're more than welcome to push me back into next year or beyond... I'll let the gods of the board decide how to readjust everyone.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences or short notice... I really hope I'll be able to participate again and/or do my own sometime in the near future.... just a little too busy right now. Thanks..

Ideally, Man should be ready to move ahead, and Chuck should give an idea of when he believes he will be ready to do the disc-two months or a year or what? Then Mike Weil can adjust the master list approximately. If Man can't move forward, then I'd say its up to the next person after him, and so on, on the assumption that people who are on the shortlist are already moving forward with their comps.

Chuckyd4, it's your decision if you want to step back to the end of the list or just want to let one or two others step forward. There is no punishment for not being able to get one's BT ready in time. ;)

Just post here who's going to do the next and I'll adjust the list accordingly. Maybe someone else who's not on one the next positions has his selections ready?

Well, after looking over the list, I think I'd like to be realistic and move myself to #20, right after you, Mike. Then it looks like we already have at least one volunteer to put himself in #7.

Again, really sorry about the inconvenience this causes, and a big thank you to those willing to cover on such short notice. I'm hoping to participate in some of the tests in the meantime.

If Man can't move forward, then I'd say its up to the next person after him, and so on, on the assumption that people who are on the shortlist are already moving forward with their comps.

I'm number nine, and I think it would be best for me to stay in that position, since I'm about to move to another part of the country in three weeks. I think I'll be ready to go in the beginning of March. Of course, I must have arranged some sort of Internet connection too; it would perhaps be less fun if I'm not able to monitor the guessing thread...

Well, after looking over the list, I think I'd like to be realistic and move myself to #20, right after you, Mike. Then it looks like we already have at least one volunteer to put himself in #7.

Okay, I did as requested; I think the next two or three day will show who's up next. I'll wait for Man with the Golden Arm's reaction.

No reason to be sorry, shit happens ... :tup

Randy has e-mailed me and I made my case known to him prior to reading this thread and posting ... so not to step on anybody's toes as they run to the burner I will go ahead and move into position #7.:tup

I also asked Randy to let me know when he feels most comfortable in giving me the yellow flag to call for participants' addresses etc. and then another heads up when he feels his double disc set has played to the "answer" point.

No problem at all,

Vint

I'm number nine, and I think it would be best for me to stay in that position, since I'm about to move to another part of the country in three weeks. I think I'll be ready to go in the beginning of March. Of course, I must have arranged some sort of Internet connection too; it would perhaps be less fun if I'm not able to monitor the guessing thread...

I am not sure where Jim Dye was in the mix before but I would say that he would then be # 8?

It was also bizarre watching his avatar change before my eyes while i was posting the previous. :wacko: from putting on a hat to rolling up his sleeves.... :D what is this new one?

I am not sure where Jim Dye was in the mix before but I would say that he would then be # 8?

Jim Dye was not on the Master List so far. But if he can fill the gap, which would be convenient for Daniel A, I have no objections. Any volunteers are welcome.

We should keep in mind that things like this can happen any time, so we should have our playlists ready a step or two in advance!

Jim Dye was not on the Master List so far. But if he can fill the gap, which would be convenient for Daniel A, I have no objections. Any volunteers are welcome.

We should keep in mind that things like this can happen any time, so we should have our playlists ready a step or two in advance!

#8 sounds great to me so long as no one has a problem with me stepping in. I was actually tapped on the shoulder to do #4 before the master list concept came about, but I was way too busy at the time. I never got around to signing up again.

If it's cool with everyone here, i'll take 8. I don't wan't to ruffle any feathers though. :)

I think Jim should absolutely be allowed to step in and do #8, because he's been an integral part of the distribution process for several of these, including spontaneous, voluntary, after-the-fact help for my disc.

But Jim, you're going to have to handle distribution all by yourself. ;):g

Since you did # 2, Dan, I'd say we rather let one do # 8 who hasn't already done a BT. What do the other testi.... err test participants say?

Huh?

I'm not nominating myself, I am seconding Jim Dye's nomination, because he helped in distribution for me (and I didn't even ask), Jim R. and couw's tests, and maybe Sangrey's too.

Where did you get the idea that I wanted to do it?

Due to the lively debate, as well as convenience, I allowed about three days after the answer thread appeared before mailing international disks. It appears that my six day delay before sending domestics has led to a head start for the international participants.

So feel free to start the signup thread anytime now, and the mailout anytime after the answers thread appears. I'm thinking I might post answers Wednesday February 11, but welcome input on that choice.

Where did you get the idea that I wanted to do it?

I am asking myself the same question right now! Very sorry Dan, I must have been out of my mind and totally misread your post! Please accept my apologies!

Reading the board and posting late at night can yield some weird results ... my only excuse is that it's not my native language. :(:w