QT's Django Unchained

I don't think it was QT's best but I think it would easily make the top half of his filmography list. I enjoyed it and thought that it was pretty entertaining. Cristoph Waltz is a gem and he was very good in this. He makes me want to seek out whatever project he might be involved in. I had my doubts about Leonardo DiCaprio but he was pretty good in this role as well.

Edited by mikelz777

Saw it today. It was a bit better than I expected; damned entertaining in fact, though I also wouldn't say it was my favorite QT. Waltz pretty much owns the film whenever he's on screen, but there were a lot of good performances. One (very minor) cavil----Jonah Hill. Really? Why does freaking Jonah Hill get to be in every other movie that's made these days?

Enjoyed it, but I feel QT is pastiching himself a bit too much, this film mirrors quite a lot IB, a few scenes are reminiscent of Basterds , except that the Germans are good guys in this one. If you dig Western Spaghettis you'll have a kick watching it.

My two tops QT remain Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction., nonetheless a fun film that does not feel you've been sitting for nearly 3 hours.

Waltz's performance is the only reason I can think of that IB is worth watching. (OK, Melanie Laurent, but we have Beginners for that.

I'm not a big QT fan, but actually watched IB twice because of Waltz, whose performance I ranked incredibly high. I feel compelled to see Django for the same reason, but will probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

Has anyone seen the spaghetti Western, Django, to which this movie is paying tribute?

I've seen it. There is one scene with Franco Nero in the new film in which QT pays a nice little homage to the original, of which this is decidedly NOT a remake. I liked the movie, not only because of Waltz, who was wonderful, but also DiCaprio, who obviously relishes the part of a nasty villain and plays it to the hilt.

gregmo

• 3 weeks later...