• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There have been a number of changes on the 'last chance running low page'

The Charles Tolliver select that was running low is neither running low nor last chance and still in the catalogue

Running low:

The Complete Pacific Jazz Joe Pass Quartet Sessions (#207)

The Oliver Nelson Verve/Impulse Big Band Sessions (#233)

Last Chance:

George Wein - Is Alive And Well (MCD-1018)

The Complete Clef/Mercury Rec. Of Oscar Peterson Trio (#241)

The Complete Arista Recordings of Anthony Braxton (#242)

Bud Freeman- Chicago/ Austin High School (MCD-1002)

Remco

Thanks for the advisory - I've been meaning to get hold of that Braxton set for some time so pounced while it was still possible. Would have hated to miss that one. Also gone for a copy of that Roy Ayers single on Mighty Quinn to squeeze in within the shipping limit.

Edited by sidewinder

2 hours ago, Jazzsphere2005 said:

I missed out on a full set of the Braxton - got 6 disc partial set from Mosaic, which was good of them. Bit disappointed but I guess I can't be totally. Maybe able get those missing discs one day.

Out of curiosity, how did they charge for a partial like that?  Did it include the booklet and outer box?  Which discs are you missing?

4 hours ago, sidewinder said:

That Tolliver Big Band set is predictably good - for anyone out there still procrastinating on this one...  :)

As much as I love Tolliver I've never warmed to his BB stuff. There's a harshness that I have trouble getting past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 6:51 AM, dougcrates said:

The Complete Clef/Mercury Rec. Of Oscar Peterson Trio is now gone.  I'm disappointed as I was going to order this today.  

Probably get it on eBay.  Resale value on Mosaic sets has fallen through the floor.

On 4/29/2016 at 3:40 PM, Jazzsphere2005 said:

Well they reduced the price per disc and then only charged me for the number of discs. Booklet and Outer box included. Just first 2 discs missing I think. Will see when it arrives. 

I hope that you find the last two discs eventually.  I had the first two discs of the Buck Clayton set and was ecstatic when i was able to find the whole set for a good price a few years later.

10 hours ago, paul secor said:

Always wondered how that Monk/Trane LP sounded with such long timings.

The Monk/Trane sounds fine. IIRC it has totally different mastering to the CD version for which Thelonious Jr. was responsible. Again if IIRC the CD mastering came in for some criticism - I'm completely happy with the LP edition.