Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday when I looked both the Hines and the Pass were there on the Jazz Messengers Mosaic page, now they're both gone again ....

5 hours ago, miles65 said:

The Joe Pass set made a come back

On Mosaic's site, that is.

Edited by mikeweil

When you try to add it to your shopping cart you get a note there is not enough stock - same for the Joe Pass set.

Since things developped they way they did I ordered a copy of the Joe Pass set from Mosaic. The others I want will have to wait, it seems.

On 5/20/2017 at 3:21 AM, mikeweil said:

Jazz Messengers still has it in stock, it ssems, but I wouldn't wait too long if I wanted a copy ...

Thanks for the tip, Mike. The Threadgill did not show up on their Mosaic Box Sets page, but an individual search brought it to light:

http://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/8162/henry-threadgill/novus-and-columbia-recordings

I was able to order a copy. There's at least one set left at the moment. €140 with free world wide shipping.

Edited by erwbol

2 hours ago, erwbol said:

Thanks for the tip, Mike. The Threadgill did not show up on their Mosaic Box Sets page, but an individual search brought it to light:

http://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/8162/henry-threadgill/novus-and-columbia-recordings

I was able to order a copy. There's at least one set left at the moment. €140 with free world wide shipping.

The page now says ' This product is out of stock' 

13 hours ago, erwbol said:

The Threadgill arrived from Barcelona! Next day delivery with TNT. :)

Congrats.  You got an excellent set and to have gotten the last one available is a particularly nice feeling for sure.  Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Ed Swinnich said:

Congrats.  You got an excellent set and to have gotten the last one available is a particularly nice feeling for sure.  Enjoy!

Yes, thanks. I can't believe I almost missed out on it. It was the high price that was keeping me from taking a chance. I listened to online samples over the years and the music never completely clicked with me. There were the high ratings for the later albums in the Penguin Guides, but the instrumentation seemed strange (accordion). 

Turns out Threadgill's music is actually quite addictive.

Edited by erwbol

2 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Nothing against owning music - I own plenty - but a question about listening to samples or buying without hearing. Where entire albums are available on the streaming services - as the Threadgills are - why not sample there before purchase?

As a principle I do not pay money for sampling albums. Streaming services are nothing but glorified sampling services to me. I know they are something else for others here, and for Millennials, well .. the less said the better. When I bought my €1100 Dali Ikon 5 MK2 speakers two years ago, the twenty-something idiot in the store would only let me listen to a streaming service he controlled through his fucking phone, because (his words) it would be too much trouble for him to hook up a CD player for me. Needless to say, I ended up buying the speakers someplace else.

In the end I ended up listening more closely to the Threadgill Mosaic over the last month as it is available on bittorrent, which to me is nothing more than a sampling service for music I am considering buying on disc. I do not equate (temporarily) having a FLAC or MP3 file on my harddrive with owning music, and neither with stealing for that matter.

Edited by erwbol

On 25 May 2017 at 7:06 AM, erwbol said:

As a principle I do not pay money for sampling albums. Streaming services are nothing but glorified sampling services to me. I know they are something else for others here, and for Millennials, well .. the less said the better. When I bought my €1100 Dali Ikon 5 MK2 speakers two years ago, the twenty-something idiot in the store would only let me listen to a streaming service he controlled through his fucking phone, because (his words) it would be too much trouble for him to hook up a CD player for me. Needless to say, I ended up buying the speakers someplace else.

In the end I ended up listening more closely to the Threadgill Mosaic over the last month as it is available on bittorrent, which to me is nothing more than a sampling service for music I am considering buying on disc. I do not equate (temporarily) having a FLAC or MP3 file on my harddrive with owning music, and neither with stealing for that matter.

Ah so you did listen to whole tracks and albums. That's what I was curious about.