Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/10/2018 at 7:02 PM, miles65 said:

They did. JPJ went on last chance but got a repressing because of the responce. I’m glad I got it.

There were a number of other sets that were on back-order  at the time Mosaic announced its trouble last year that were reprinted because of demand - Savoy, Mingus, Goodman, Armstrong, Lester, Jordan.  The Jordan Strata East is already extinct, having gone through the Last Chance process.  Goodman is in Running Low.  JPJ went through that process as well.  It is regrettable, that some orders were apparently accepted after the number of available sets had been exceeded.  There's definitely a better way to handle the end of life scenarios for a set rather that just accepting orders.  But all in all, I think the Last Chance process provide ample warnings for customers.

20 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

DON"T HESITATE....to my ears it plays very well from beginning to end when listened to in its entirety in one sitting.......yes there's about 3 CDS worth of extra versions(but progammed very discreetly) so don't let that deter you. Otherwise 6 months later you will say, "alas I should have done got it".

Indeed don’t hesitate. Chances of this being reissued are minimal.

35 minutes ago, RiRiIII said:

Teddy Wilson and Charlie Parker/Benedetti boxes just arrived impeccably packaged by JazzMessengers. Went directly to the track with Johnny Hodges. Great evening indeed.

JazzMessengers does a great job.

I received the Johnson box from Jazz Messengers. My first purchase from them and superbly packed. It’s a wonder I received it at all as they got my state of residence wrong (Chester Pennsylvania instead of Chester NJ). 

One question — and it’s a minor one; the book is unnumbered. Is that the norm. 

4 hours ago, Brad said:

I received the Johnson box from Jazz Messengers. My first purchase from them and superbly packed. It’s a wonder I received it at all as they got my state of residence wrong (Chester Pennsylvania instead of Chester NJ). 

One question — and it’s a minor one; the book is unnumbered. Is that the norm. 

That's not the norm for Jazz Messengers Mosaic sets. I have never received an unnumbered set from them. I bet more people who ordered the Johnson at the last moment directly from Mosaic received unnumbered books.

Edited by erwbol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, medjuck said:

I just got an e-mail from them still touting it (and announcing that the sale was about to end). 

The email I got from Mosaic this afternoon had a note on there confirming that it had all gone.

Wanting the Goodman set, I went straight over to jazzmessengers and snagged what looks to be their last set. Possibly the last Goodman Mosaic for sale on the planet. :o

17 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

The email I got from Mosaic this afternoon had a note on there confirming that it had all gone.

Wanting the Goodman set, I went straight over to jazzmessengers and snagged what looks to be their last set. Possibly the last Goodman Mosaic for sale on the planet. :o

You're right.  I just glanced at the picture and didn't read the note. My bad. 

18 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I'm hoping there will be a new one from the Savory material including some Charlie Christian.