Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw this.  Down to nine available sets plus the upcoming Herman release. 

I did not see the Dial set listed on the site.  I know they were repressing one last batch - so it appears they only repressed the exact number of preorders  (and backorders) they received based on their recent emails.

Times are tough....

You will be when you die and go to heaven and jesus asks you if you got it and when you tell him no, he sends you back to earth to wander around for eternity with a limp and a scragglyass dog.

I had that happen to a buddy of mine about the Sex Pistols, and believe me, it ain't what you want.

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

You will be when you die and go to heaven and jesus asks you if you got it and when you tell him no, he sends you back to earth to wander around for eternity with a limp and a scragglyass dog.

I had that happen to a buddy of mine about the Sex Pistols, and believe me, it ain't what you want.

There's always Ebay.

43 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Doubt it, dude.  I’m not Christian ;)

Now, if Jesus Alou (should he predecease me) meet me in heaven, different story :lol:

13 minutes ago, JSngry said:

You don't have to be Christian to have Jesus throw shade on your record collection. If anything, it just increases the odds that he will. He don't give a damn about your belief system, but he's a pretty intense dude when it comes to music.

He ain’t part of my belief system :lol:

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

You don't have to be Christian to have Jesus throw shade on your record collection. If anything, it just increases the odds that he will. He don't give a damn about your belief system, but he's a pretty intense dude when it comes to music.

I very much am, and can firmly state that this is all very bad theology but very good music collecting advice ;)   There's an old church joke for the worship wars (hymns vs. praise songs) that it's amazing how many people know what God's taste in music is, and it is exactly the same as their own...

My concern is for the dogs. They're totally innocent in all this, but as soon as some obtuse motherfucker gets careless, BOOM, there goes another dog that could have been loved and protected, sentenced to wandering the earth forever with some limping sonofabitch who doesn't even have half a clue.

Blue.JPG

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

My concern is for the dogs. They're totally innocent in all this, but as soon as some obtuse motherfucker gets careless, BOOM, there goes another dog that could have been loved and protected, sentenced to wandering the earth forever with some limping sonofabitch who doesn't even have half a clue.

Blue.JPG

My Aussie, Nellie, agrees.......

She says that it feels like she's on the longest walk ever.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, gmonahan said:

I really miss the days when we would spend time on the board speculating about the next Mosaic set, rather than continuing the sad list of sets going out of print.

gregmo

So do I. But on the coming soon page there is only one set. Next year there will be a Armstrong Columbia studio set. That’s all I know so far for 2019. There is not much to speculate about. And soon there won’t be much to report about sets going oop either bacause there are not that much sets left.

Given the recent craziness around the limited edition Rendell-Carr Quintet LP boxset selling out on pre-sale orders, it would seem that Mosaic's future is better tied to LP reissues than CDs at this point. But since they got killed by poor LP sales in the past, maybe they're less willing to take that chance again?

41 minutes ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Given the recent craziness around the limited edition Rendell-Carr Quintet LP boxset selling out on pre-sale orders, it would seem that Mosaic's future is better tied to LP reissues than CDs at this point. But since they got killed by poor LP sales in the past, maybe they're less willing to take that chance again?

I think so. All the LP-only sets are now OOP, aren't they? I think the Mulligan was the last to go.

gregmo

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

I have no desire to buy new music on vinyl, unless it's as an object, and even then, not all THAT much, and even more then, not for no crazyass highprice. That's a non-starter for me, just crazy and/or stupid.

Same.  I'll buy old vinyl when that's either my only, or best (way cheaper) option.  But given the option, I'll always go for something on CD, even if I have to pay a premium.

Doesn't mean I've never held an LP in my hands with a killer-cool gatefold cover, and though "mmm, this would be really nice to have".  But then 99.99% of the time I'll put it back, long as I've confirmed that it's not too hard to get on CD (and won't set me back 3 days salary).