Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

Yes, CD definitely. Lossless downloads would be fine if the price were right. Thing is, I don't think Warner has traditionally made much of its jazz holdings, so I'm not getting my hopes up. But you never know. The Roulette Basies are basically what I want.

I'm more optimistic about Universal, but cautiously: the Hip-o label hasn't released any jazz sets for years now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had missed the Dinah W. too, alas ... but I'm good on the Tea and the Basies (bought the studio last year, cost some, but hey, you only live once!) - the Ferguson was too expensive for my high schooler's admission back when it went onto the "running low" list, alas, but I was able to hear it, as I was with the Dinah.

the Ferguson was too expensive for my high schooler's admission back when it went onto the "running low" list, alas, but I was able to hear it, as I was with the Dinah.

I picked up the Ferguson in LP form when it was on 'last chance'. I think it gave the postie a hernia :lol:

Edited by sidewinder

the Ferguson was too expensive for my high schooler's admission back when it went onto the "running low" list, alas, but I was able to hear it, as I was with the Dinah.

I picked up the Ferguson in LP form when it was on 'last chance'. I think it gave the postie a hernia :lol:

I picked up the Ferguson LP set when I did not even have a turntable. I wanted to get the CD set, but they were out. Mosaic offered me the LP set at the same price as the CD and I took it. If I recall correctly, it was a fairly substantial difference in price. Years later, I've got a turntable and am back in the vinyl groove, so to speak. Glad I grabbed the LP set when I was able.

Are there any other Mosaic Roulettes? Might pay to buy them now, before the email comes.

I'm clueless as to who owns what label. So I'm also wondering if any of you think or know of any more currently available sets are going to go OOP over night.

• 3 weeks later...

I put off getting the solo Hill for ages, but finally got one a couple years ago - and really love it.

And it gets better with repeated spins, as I start to anticipate the shifting themes better.

I'm hardly impartial, but I didn't think I would end up liking the solo Hill set as much as I have. Great listening while I'm at work, which is where I keep my copy. (Didn't spin it nearly as often at home.)

Can anyone here give advice on the Freeman?

Chicago sound of Condon etc. Spirited as much of this music is often described. I'm not enough of an expert to know where it sits with Condonites but it's solid , swinging stuff

Edited by Clunky

How is Pee Wee Russel on this album - I would buy it for him in the first place ...

Prompted by your query I played the whole disc tonight, it sounded great, I wasn't especially listening out for Pee Wee but he gets decent amount of space.

Edited by Clunky

I have all of those Tony's on either CD or LP. They're all nicely engineered and IMO very good to excellent performances. Unfortunate that they couldn't fit the live album in there, but the music probably wouldn't fit the 3 CD format restriction for "Selects".

I'm thinking of getting it anyway, though, because my albums are packed up in the closet for lack of shelf space.

I'm thinking of getting it anyway, though, because my albums are packed up in the closet for lack of shelf space.

That's the spirit! You're getting it because you have already run out of space. :)

Yes! Good point! (it's complicated ... ;) )