miles65

Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

883 posts in this topic

The Earl is in the house! As others said, excellent packing from Jazz Messengers, and friendly service from TNT on the same level. I'm glad I got me a copy, the music and sound are surprising in every respect. Well, I never was disappointed by a Mosaic set.

The Jamal is next, I have decided.

The Hines is superb, musically and sonically. I've been listening on Spotify and wondering if I should have bought a hard copy...

14 hours ago, David Ayers said:

The Hines is superb, musically and sonically. I've been listening on Spotify and wondering if I should have bought a hard copy...

You should - your description is absolutely correct.

20 hours ago, mikeweil said:

The Earl is in the house! As others said, excellent packing from Jazz Messengers, and friendly service from TNT on the same level. I'm glad I got me a copy, the music and sound are surprising in every respect. Well, I never was disappointed by a Mosaic set.

The Jamal is next, I have decided.

Glad you got it and happy my post about it coming off the last chance on the Mosaic site list played a role in your acquisition.  Feels like I've done a good deed!

You did! 

For those interested, Jazz Messengers have listed the Hines box once more - seems like they got another (probably last) batch from Mosaic.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, mikeweil said:

You did! 

For those interested, Jazz Messengers have listed the Hines box once more - seems like they got another (probably last) batch from Mosaic.

Not listed anymore: Jazz Messengers Mosaics

Edited by J.A.W.

The Joe Pass set made a come back

Posted (edited)

Yesterday when I looked both the Hines and the Pass were there on the Jazz Messengers Mosaic page, now they're both gone again ....

5 hours ago, miles65 said:

The Joe Pass set made a come back

On Mosaic's site, that is.

Edited by mikeweil

... meanwhile, the Ahmed Jamal box is now on backorder on the Mosaic site, but 'expected to be available in 2017'.

4 hours ago, 2scoops said:

... meanwhile, the Ahmed Jamal box is now on backorder on the Mosaic site, but 'expected to be available in 2017'.

That's still available on the Jazzmessengers site.

When you try to add it to your shopping cart you get a note there is not enough stock - same for the Joe Pass set.

Since things developped they way they did I ordered a copy of the Joe Pass set from Mosaic. The others I want will have to wait, it seems.

I just received an answer to a query at Jazz Messengers. They expect to receive a shipment from Mosaic today. They'll have to wait and see what Mosaic has sent them. By Wednesday the new stock should be visible on their website.

Posted (edited)

The 

Henry Threadgill set is now oop.

Edited by miles65
Typo

Jazz Messengers still has it in stock, it ssems, but I wouldn't wait too long if I wanted a copy ...

The Woody Herman select is gone. there are no more selects in Mosaic's catalog.

1 hour ago, miles65 said:

The Woody Herman select is gone. there are no more selects in Mosaic's catalog.

That's sad. :(

Posted (edited)

On 5/20/2017 at 3:21 AM, mikeweil said:

Jazz Messengers still has it in stock, it ssems, but I wouldn't wait too long if I wanted a copy ...

Thanks for the tip, Mike. The Threadgill did not show up on their Mosaic Box Sets page, but an individual search brought it to light:

http://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/8162/henry-threadgill/novus-and-columbia-recordings

I was able to order a copy. There's at least one set left at the moment. €140 with free world wide shipping.

Edited by erwbol

2 hours ago, erwbol said:

Thanks for the tip, Mike. The Threadgill did not show up on their Mosaic Box Sets page, but an individual search brought it to light:

http://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/8162/henry-threadgill/novus-and-columbia-recordings

I was able to order a copy. There's at least one set left at the moment. €140 with free world wide shipping.

The page now says ' This product is out of stock' 

59 minutes ago, miles65 said:

The page now says ' This product is out of stock' 

I have yet to receive a cancellation, so I guess my order will ship ... :unsure:

2 hours ago, erwbol said:

My Threadgill shipped! :excited:

It's a great box set!! 

The Threadgill arrived from Barcelona! Next day delivery with TNT. :)

13 hours ago, erwbol said:

The Threadgill arrived from Barcelona! Next day delivery with TNT. :)

Congrats.  You got an excellent set and to have gotten the last one available is a particularly nice feeling for sure.  Enjoy!

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ed Swinnich said:

Congrats.  You got an excellent set and to have gotten the last one available is a particularly nice feeling for sure.  Enjoy!

Yes, thanks. I can't believe I almost missed out on it. It was the high price that was keeping me from taking a chance. I listened to online samples over the years and the music never completely clicked with me. There were the high ratings for the later albums in the Penguin Guides, but the instrumentation seemed strange (accordion). 

Turns out Threadgill's music is actually quite addictive.

Edited by erwbol

Nothing against owning music - I own plenty - but a question about listening to samples or buying without hearing. Where entire albums are available on the streaming services - as the Threadgills are - why not sample there before purchase?