• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right...

that Andrew Hill Select 16 is a masterpiece

Mosaic_Andrew_Hill.jpg

A lot of people will be sorry to have let this one pass when it was still available!

I may need to get that. The clips sound great!

Who knows if/when this stuff will ever be available again.

Right...

that Andrew Hill Select 16 is a masterpiece

Mosaic_Andrew_Hill.jpg

A lot of people will be sorry to have let this one pass when it was still available!

I may need to get that. The clips sound great!

Who knows if/when this stuff will ever be available again.

well, it is a cheap download on amazon and it is also on spotify, so you have your options...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad I got them both ... though they've seen little play so far (had half of the Dizzy on single discs before and haven't really started exploring Chu other then enjoying him pop up here and there in other contexts ... and got that Commodore disc where some of his tracks are paired with some Hawkins - phantastic music!)

Can't see the irony ... but anyay, much of the Chambers is good rather than very good or excellent, I think. But I hugely enjoy the quartet session with Coltrane, Drew and Philly Joe ... and I've got a soft spot for "Whims of Chambers" (which I bought in Athens, of all places, on a highschool excursion to Greece).

• 5 weeks later...

mosaic.jpg

freeshipping.jpg

Free Shipping In The U.S. For Orders Over $50

Free Offer Ends August 31st

For international orders our shipping rates have been reduced by more than 50%. Orders up to $200 the shipping charge is only $10 and any size order over $200 is only $15.

For Canadian shipments orders up to $200 the shipping charge is only $5 and any size order over $200 is only $10.

This offer applies to in-stock items only.

Can't see the irony ... but anyay, much of the Chambers is good rather than very good or excellent, I think. But I hugely enjoy the quartet session with Coltrane, Drew and Philly Joe ... and I've got a soft spot for "Whims of Chambers" (which I bought in Athens, of all places, on a highschool excursion to Greece).

The one that has never worked for me is "Bass on Top", and it's a bad idea that Ron Carter has taken to ad infinitum since the 70's.

The one that has never worked for me is "Bass on Top", and it's a bad idea that Ron Carter has taken to ad infinitum since the 70's.

Now out of that I can get a good healthy laugh :g

Not sure that many folks from Canada have ordered from Mosaic in a while. Any advice vis-a-vis import duties? I very rarely have to pay them, but I have noticed that UPS is just about the absolute worst in adding $20 or 30 in import fees/handling regardless of the actual declared value. I basically avoid UPS like the plague and won't use vendors who insist on shipping by UPS. Of course, Mosaic ground is -- UPS.

I'm not sure which shipper they use for air (I guess I can call tomorrow). Most likely I will use another work-around :ph34r: to get it shipped to a US address but that adds inconvenience and significant delay...

I actually don't mind the $5 or $10 shipping to Canada during the sale, but just do not want to have to deal with the customs handling scam.

Edited by ejp626

I used to have the Chambers set but didn't love it ironically , the Tyner set I love, especially the session with Wayne on clarinet, and the "Asante" stuff.

I used to have a couple of the Chambers dates as individual discs many years ago (mid 90's), but they were never my favorites - and I eventually ditched them (probably before the year 2000).

But I recently picked up the Chambers Select a few months ago, and find I'm *really* enjoying it a lot more than I'd expected. Never was a fan of arco bass-solos back then, but they're kind of growing on me, though I'll admit, maybe as much for their novelty. But anything less than Chambers' level of arco playing, mind you, might as well be Ron Carter's cello playing (as far as I'm concerned), if you catch my drift.