Whole batch of Mosaic Selects and Singles running low

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although it obviously doesn't include the liner notes, the Andrew Hill set has been available for download on Amazon for a while for the ridiculously low price of $8.99.

The OOP Don Pullen Select is also available for download, at a slightly higher but still ridiculous price of $12.49.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Capitol-Vaults-Jazz-Series/dp/B005DJIG7C/ref=sr_1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&sr=1-1&keywords=don+pullen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I decided to pass the Chu Berry ( he simply doesn't move me like Pres did instantly, and I have some of this) and the Dizzy (great musicians, but too many sessions I find a bit tad). I will get me the Jazz Crusaders box.

Glad I ordered the Tyner as soon as it started running low.

Well hell, I didn't want to buy the Herman & Jazz Crusaders right now, still building the bank back up after Christmas, but market imerpatizations have prevailed, I guess.

I understand you are in some marketing group now and I love new words. WTF does imerpatizations mean?

Edited by Chuck Nessa

I'm not sure about the Hackett ... it's one I've been mulling over for years ... guess I might give in. For the first time, thanks to a pair of big orders in the past months (one paid for by my employer, many thanks! generous gift after having worked there for 10 years), I'm for the first time in a position where I actually have most sets around - just five or six left at this time (among them the Lunceford which I want badly, not sure I can wait for Mosaic to get it back in stock, but it's still cheaper for me than using jazzmessengers.com, which still seems to have it) - anyway, not showing off or anything here, it's just that I kinda caught up with where many of you have been for years, and it feels comfortable to be there (I have to confess though there are quite a few boxes around that remain unplayed or virtually unplayed as of yet - but with those, usually I knew a certain amount of music beforehand, so the curiosity was a bit lower than with those that are brand new - the Hackett would be one of those ... I've heard him, but none of these albums).

Well hell, I didn't want to buy the Herman & Jazz Crusaders right now, still building the bank back up after Christmas, but market imerpatizations have prevailed, I guess.

I understand you are in some marketing group now and I love new words. WTF does imerpatizations mean?

It means that if I want it before the collectors start selling it, it's imerpative to buy it now!

...geez, now I gotta make up a word to cover my piss-porr typing. this marketing, it's a killer if you ain't already dead...

I have to admit that the Hackett is not one I get off the shelf much. Beautiful tone, but--and it has been a while since I've listened to it--a bit sleepy, if memory serves. But the Herman First Herd Columbias? Essential!

gregmo

The Hackett is not for everyone! I like it but I'm not crazy about some of it. Sound is very good.

Thanks for that chaps !