manti manti manti!!!

http://deadspin.com/...eason-is-a-hoax

"Notre Dame's Manti Te'o, the stories said, played this season under a terrible burden. A Mormon linebacker who led his Catholic school's football program back to glory, Te'o was whipsawed between personal tragedies along the way. In the span of six hours in September, as Sports Illustrated told it, Te'o learned first of the death of his grandmother, Annette Santiago, and then of the death of his girlfriend, Lennay Kekua."

http://www.yespartners.com/news/global-executive-search/notre-dames-manti-teo-learns-leadership-lessons-in-both-victory-and-defeat/

(january 9)"Through it all, Te'o persevered, never missing a game despite his tragic losses. The end of his college football career was disappointing, though he has vowed to learn from it and become a better man and athlete.

"For Notre Dame to get back here we had to have a Manti Te'o," Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick told reporters after the game. "You couldn't do it without him in the sense to really restore the program, you had to have somebody that represented the values of the program and the university and played the way we wanted to play. He was the embodiment of that. Decades from now we're going to be thankful to Manti for what he did to turn this thing around.""

Edited by alocispepraluger102

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if it turns out that Teo was complicit in this hoax, then it's a shame that he was voted as high as he was in the Heisman vote. To me he clearly wasn't the best defensive player in college ball this past season - Jarvis Jones probably was. A number of others (Clowney, Damontre Moore, Mingo, Milliner, Werner, etc) were better than him as well, in my opinion.

Part of his appeal was that he was a good (not great) defensive player that embodied all that was good about a college athlete. And for him to have dealt with the dual deaths of his grandmother and his supposed girlfriend in the same 24 hours, and then essentially dedicate his season to them - that's terrible. I think Teo's overall popularity because of his story helped with his Heisman campaign, and helped Notre Dame get to the national championship.

On the other hand, if he wasn't involved in the hoax at all, he's got to be one of the most naive, gullible people out there. Surely things didn't add up a number of times during their online/phone relationship. Didn't he ever try to meet her? To be as deeply in love as he claimed, surely he'd have tried to meet her in person at some point before she "died".

edit - some stories are indicating that the person behind the hoax is a (male) friend of Teo's. There are supposedly pictures of the two of them together. Surely if this guy was pretending to be the girlfriend, Teo would have recognized his voice? If he truly wasn't involved.

Edited by Aggie87

I would suggest everyone read the entire deadspin report, which alocispepraluger102 provided a link too. It really is hard to believe he wasn't involved.

If there was not so much documented reporting about him and "her"....I would just think it was another instance of catfishing.

1. In this instance it was first reported they met after a Stanford game and if not mistaken held hands.

2. His father was reported as saying that when he would come visit in Hawaiʻi...she was around and they would hook up.

3. Somewhere in the timeline it's reported she not only went to Stanford but she graduated from Stanford. Who but him or someone close to him would be able to report that?

4. He loves her so much he's dedicated games and the season to her, but never visits her once in a Hospital after the "car accident" and then later diagnosed with "Leukemia". At the very least; isn't it odd that his parents didn't visit at anytime in the when she was "dying"?

5. They talk all the time, which would mean the alleged hoaxer (who allegedly is one of the members of the Tuiasosopo football family....also appears to be a friend of Te'o. At the very least they interacted on Twitter.) was able to pass as a woman on the phone and have a two separate phone with two different area codes, or he had a woman talk to Te'o every night for hours. I can understand the latter if they were trying to get money out of him in some way. Why else would a woman get involved in this

6. His father first said he spoke to her. I believe now it's he texted her only.

Now Te'o is saying he never met her in person. They met online. I am not sure if he's also saying he never spoke to her. Just how does someone fall that much in love with someone they never met? We're not talking about someone who would have had problems getting a real world girlfriend in South Bend or Hawaiʻi.

You would think somewhere on all this his parents would have their relationship was strange.

Why hasn't he reported this to the authorities?

Even the day of the Championship game he was still supposedly talking about her. When he was supposed to have told Notre Dame on Dec. 26th about the whole hoax.

Isn't strange that no reporter even bothered to even try to interview "her" family after she "died"?

Edited by Blue Train

Just when you thought it couldn't stranger. ESPN is reporting Reagan Mauia says she's not only real, but he met her and they were close.

In response to that....after being dormant since Nov. 6th. A new post on the alleged non-existent girlfriends twitter account.

"It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow.

Just when you thought it couldn't stranger. ESPN is reporting Reagan Mauia says she's not only real, but he met her and they were close.

In response to that....after being dormant since Nov. 6th. A new post on the alleged non-existent girlfriends twitter account.

"It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow.

That's alleged non-existent dead girlfriend. Who has her twitter password and just who is going to show up to address all of these truths and myths at 12:00?

Like I said....too much documented reports for him to claim it was Catfishing. Take for example this. He said he found out on Dec 6th., which happened to be 2 days before the Heisman presentation.

Here is talking about her on Dec 8th and 9th.

http://www.buzzfeed....as-a-hoax-he-sp

I didn't watch the presentation. Did he mention "her" when the have the interviews with each nominee before the presentation?

The reason he finally told Notre Dame in my opinion is because around that time a lot of rumors and twitters were being posted about it.

Even then on Jan 3rd (I was wrong about it being the the day of NC) he was still talking about "her".

The more I read about this story, the more messed up it seems to me, but I don't think we will ever know the truth because Te'o is the property of CAA now, and no way they're going let his $$$$$$$ potential go down any further through any real interview/statement.

He's going to have to talk to the teams. By then you can be sure they will all have investigated it themselves.

Some of these are funny and some hilarous .

http://teoing.tumblr.com/

Edited by Blue Train

http://www.usmagazin...e-voice-2013171

"The world was shocked when it was revealed on Jan. 17 that Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o's inspirational story of overcoming the death of his grandmother and girlfriend on the same day last fall -- leading the Fighting Irish to an undefeated season -- was a hoax, allegedly conceived by someone named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

But this is not the first sad story Tuiasosopo has reportedly engineered. A source tells Us Weekly that the aspiring singer spun quite a tale for the producers of NBC's The Voice, too -- when he auditioned to be a contestant on the upcoming season."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ronaiah-tuiasosopo-alleged-mastermind-behind-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax-auditioned-for-the-voice-2013171#ixzz2IHjyzcXW

Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Some guy I've never heard of was on ESPN today made a good point, as painful as it may be: That ND goes and hires a private investigator to help Te'o out, but doesn't hire private investigators for the arguably more serious Declan Sullivan and Lizzy Seeburg cases because they were afraid of what would be uncovered. Just some food for thought.

Some guy I've never heard of was on ESPN today made a good point, as painful as it may be: That ND goes and hires a private investigator to help Te'o out, but doesn't hire private investigators for the arguably more serious Declan Sullivan and Lizzy Seeburg cases because they were afraid of what would be uncovered. Just some food for thought.

And that is because the football programs brings in millions and millions of dollars, and to keep recruits coming to Notre Shame, they're backing Te'o 100% so a bunch of freekin' teenagers won't feel that ND throws players under the bus. Shameful... :angry: