Tommy Flanagan Overseas reissue a technical knockout

EyeSpeech

I just bought the John Coltrane album "Coltran" from the same series and it is indeed an excellent pressing. The Flannigan album is definitely on my short list of others to get in that series.

I'm glad that it's cut at 33 1/3 instead of 45 rpm too.

It's Flanagan, not Flannigan.

Edited by J.A.W.

The CD version is indead a lot cheaper. Can't vouch for its sound quality.

I just bought the John Coltrane album "Coltran" from the same series and it is indeed an excellent pressing. The Flannigan album is definitely on my short list of others to get in that series.

Yes, Coltrane is my favorite Trane album so I was thrilled with this SACD (I haven't been getting the vinyl). There is now a Prestige and Verve series coming from APO. The Prestige All Stars SACD is another gem.

It's Flanagan, not Flannigan.

"Coltran" :beee::w

How likely are these Analogue Productions SACDs to go out of print soon? I own a couple, but would like to buy a few more of the Blue Note, Impulse! and Verve titles.

Erwin,

A whole bunch of these Analogue Productions hybrid SACDs will be available again from ImportCDs in March at relatively low prices: http://www.importcds...-Harmonia Mundi (from page 2)

Edited by J.A.W.

How likely are these Analogue Productions SACDs to go out of print soon? I own a couple, but would like to buy a few more of the Blue Note, Impulse! and Verve titles.

Erwin,

A whole bunch of these Analogue Productions hybrid SACDs will be available again from ImportCDs in March at relatively low prices: http://www.importcds...i (from page 2)

For those of us in California it's actually cheaper to order from Amazon, Acoustic Sounds or Music Direct because of the taxes that ImportCDs now charges.

Hmm. I have this on a Japanese Metronome LP from the '70s. Sound is excellent. I'm not sure the alternates would make me "need" this but regardless, it's a wonderful album that deserves consistent mention. The Metronome EPs (the original issues of this material) are pretty fancy looking, though I've never owned one.

• 2 weeks later...