http://www.cleanfeed-records.com/discolistagemPreco.asp

Among those they're selling that I can vouch for as being excellent are:

Matt Bauder - Day in Pictures

Peter Evans - Live in Lisbon

Ken Filiano - Dreams From a Clown Car

Samuel Blaser - Pieces of Old Sky

SKM - Three

Sandell Trio/Butcher - Strokes

Got an email from Clean Feed yesterday - they don't usually have a time frame for the sale

Interested in the Peter Evans (Live In Lisbon)

Recommend the Evan Parker Trio plus Peter Evans - "Scenes In The House Of Music"

Also Rudd/Dresser (Airwalkers), Parker/Nilssen-Love (TownHouseOrchestra), Alvin Fielder, any Dennis Gonzalez, Joe Morris/Ken Vandermark, Charles Gayle

put in an order ...

Tony Malaby's Tamarindo - Live

Parker/Guy/Lytton + Peter Evans - Scenes in the House of Music

The Convergence Quartet - Song / Dance

Peter Evans Quartet - Live in Lisbon

Samuel Blaser Quartet - Pieces of old Sky

Dennis González NY Quartet - NY Midnight Suite

Whit Dickey - Coalescence

last year's thread:

and a recommendations thread:

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered quite a few last year at different times. Clean Feed does typically sent 4 -5 jewel case issues together. More if slim cardboard packaing. They made a couple mistakes but alwas took care of them. My first order was of 11 cds. Came in two packages that just happened to come in two packages. Took about 10 days from date of order to arrive in upper state new york

Had my entire order split up into two packages in the mail about a week ago ... all fine, no wrong items so far (three orders in total only, though).

The music is mighty fine ... the Malaby suffers a bit from sound, but the music makes more than up for it, Wadada is great! The Parker/Guy/Lytton + Peter Evans might turn into a favourite, upon first listen I thought it was terrific (better than the Evans quartet disc, which is good as well).

And as has been mentioned here, the Convergence Quartet disc is mighty good indeed! :tup

Thanks for the kind words about the Convergence Quartet...couldn't pass comment on the pianist, but the other three aren't half bad ;) (FWIW - we have a new album coming out at the end of March - I'll post when there's a firm date!)

Re Clean Feed - I'm a big fan of my friend Harris Eisenstadt's work on the label - September Trio, Canada Day, and Guewel are all great.

Also had on the Sclavis/Rainey/Taborn 'Eldorado Trio' the other day, which I enjoy a lot...

Ha, it's the pianist that sucks! ;)

Seriously, I perceived the disc as a fine piece of group work ... and I loved hearing Taylor Ho Bynum in somewhat less heady surroundings than I've encountered him in so far. Will have to give it another spin soon!

Thank you!

p.s. totally right about the pianist - I just didn't want to colour the opinion of others ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Big thumbs up to those 2 John Lindberg discs. Also like the Ada Rave, Sei Miguel (Five Stories), and Butcher/Solberg ones. And of course the Malaby Tamarindo and Tubacello records are fantastic, especially the former which is easily one of the best records on the whole label.

Edited by colinmce