Don Joseph "One of a Kind" LP- worth getting?

sgcim

6 hours ago, soulpope said:

Any news on this one .... ?

I was going to write the notes for that reissue (with outtakes added) of "One of a Kind" and had begun to do research on Joseph's life (interviewing younger Staten Island colleagues of Joseph and a few survivors from the old days who now are gone  -- e.g. Med Flory, Hal McKusick, or are still with us,  Gene Di Novi --  but I had to back out because of sudden family turmoil, thinking that I would get back in if those things subsided (as they did, thanks be). But in the meantime Sunenblick changed/expanded his plans to a multi-disc set that would include "One of a Kind" plus sessions by figures like trombonist Sonny Truitt and others, and the link between us frayed and faded for that and other reasons -- interacting with Sunenblick could be challenging to say the least.| As a great admirer of Joseph's music, I still feel guilty about the whole damn thing.

30 minutes ago, Larry Kart said:

I was going to write the notes for that reissue (with outtakes added) of "One of a Kind" and had begun to do research on Joseph's life (interviewing younger Staten Island colleagues of Joseph and a few survivors from the old days who now are gone  -- e.g. Med Flory, Hal McKusick, or are still with us,  Gene Di Novi --  but I had to back out because of sudden family turmoil, thinking that I would get back in if those things subsided (as they did, thanks be). But in the meantime Sunenblick changed/expanded his plans to a multi-disc set that would include "One of a Kind" plus sessions by figures like trombonist Sonny Truitt and others, and the link between us frayed and faded for that and other reasons -- interacting with Sunenblick could be challenging to say the least.| As a great admirer of Joseph's music, I still feel guilty about the whole damn thing.

What a pity .... thnx for sharing .....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...