julian priester has (not) passed away

alocispepraluger102

Was on a two week tour of Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands with him a few years ago, with Mike Reed's expanded People, Places, and Things (Julian, Art Hoyle, and Ari Brown added to the regular lineup of Greg Ward, Tim Haldeman, Jason Roebke, and Mike). Warm, subtle man, and, it goes without saying, one heck of a player. I think we all had a good time, musically and otherwise.

did you know he played a gig in portland not 2, 3 wks ago? vid on the tube. hey if anyone hears about a gig or something be sure to mention it in this thread! so happy about the most current news. Its good to see hes still playin, and of course todays great news, but i hope hes ok.

Edited by chewy

One reason not to delete this thread is that it helps to dispel a rumor that was carelessly spread by the OP. People searching the Internet for news about Priester can see this discussion (or a cached version, even if it is deleted). At least in its present form, they will also see the correction.

This is one more reason why members should not post obituaries until they obtain independent verification. Gioia's tweet, or other people merely quoting it, does not constitute independent verification. While I do not question the OP's love for Priester's music, his incredibly frequent habit of creating new threads by merely cut-and-pasting some other source is personally frustrating and in this case, has had a negative impact on the community. I hope this unnecessarily disquieting situation here causes him to rethink this practice.

Edited by sonnymax

This is one more reason why members should not post obituaries until they obtain independent verification. Gioia's tweet, or other people merely quoting it, does not constitute independent verification.

You're right. I was the one who posted Gioia's tweet here, but had second thoughts soon afterwards, just because his tweet wasn't verified. It would probably have been better if I had deleted it.

While I do not question the OP's love for Priester's music, his incredibly frequent habit of creating new threads by merely cut-and-pasting some other source is personally frustrating and in this case, has had a negative impact on the community. I hope this unnecessarily disquieting situation here causes him to rethink this practice.

Couldn't agree more.