julian priester has (not) passed away

alocispepraluger102

I still don't understand how after a "longtime faculty position at Cornish College of the Arts" he has no pension.

What the hell is wrong with the USA?

Low taxes and almost no social security compared to Europe. It's a price the majority of the American people chose to pay. But that's a political topic that doesn't belong here :)

Edited by J.A.W.

I still don't understand how after a "longtime faculty position at Cornish College of the Arts" he has no pension.

What the hell is wrong with the USA?

With all due respect to Mr. Priester, whom I'm sure is a wonderful instructor, we're not talking about his having a chaired-position at a major university. Although Cornish has been around awhile, it's a very small college (833 students) devoted solely to the performing and visual arts, offering only bachelor's degrees to it's graduates. I doubt they have much money to speak of, and cannot rely on large alumni contribuitions to boost their revenues. Bear in mind that Berklee, a 4,000-student institution, ended it's pension plan for new employees last year in favor of a 401(K)-style retirement plan.