Dogs or Cats?

Tim McG

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evidently cats should win the poll. The cat is the new token replacing the iron in Monopoly. Though there is a dog token too. But why mess with a classic game?

That token should be a Fat Cat.

I had one of those.

When she was on her back, she looked like a bag o' fur with legs, tail and ears.

Evidently cats should win the poll. The cat is the new token replacing the iron in Monopoly. Though there is a dog token too. But why mess with a classic game?

Makes sense to me. I have three cats and no irons. I don't even golf...

Ha Ha! And I bet at least one of your cats is fat. I know this thread is about cats/dogs and not Monopoly but the iron should have been replaced with a gold or silver bar. Iron has little value.........especially with all the wrinkle resistant fabrics available now.

Ha Ha! And I bet at least one of your cats is fat. I know this thread is about cats/dogs and not Monopoly but the iron should have been replaced with a gold or silver bar. Iron has little value.........especially with all the wrinkle resistant fabrics available now.

Quite a number of tokens have little to no relevance for today's children, though perhaps they didn't have that much relevance for us as children either. The shoe is incredibly old fashioned (though at least some versions of the game have a tennis shoe/sneaker/runner).

b0684203e02c13df507e9ae73db4963d.jpg

Indeed, it is a button-hook type shoe. Family lore goes that my grandfather made these kind of shoes, and then went bankrupt when the shoelace craze swept the nation. (Apparently, he had some health issues that made it harder to make the changes to adapt.)

So anytime anyone goes on about not feeling sorry for buggy-whip manufacturers or other free market losers, I just want to give them a little kick in the ankle.

Good thing that when Obama was talking about downsizing the cavalry, he didn't say anything about the huge savings from not buying horse shoes, or he definitely would have lost my vote. :P

Anyway, cats were the only pets I could have that fit my lifestyle (well, or gerbils I suppose, but let's not go there). I refuse to be chained down to the schedule of a dog and drop everything to come home to walk it. I realize that isn't as much of an issue in the 'burbs, but all these city dogs? Just crazy to me.

Edited by ejp626

I'm a dog person. I like cats, but I can't have one at this time. I've volunteered at a local shelter for 2.5 years as a dog walker, and it's been a great experience. When we adopted our dog last year, my wife and I had already spent a significant amount of time with him and made an informed decision. Unbeknownst to us at the time we adopted him, he had been used as a model for their ad campaign. The picture below graced a few billboards. He was in danger of being euthanized when the shelter I volunteer at rescued him; it's a sobering thought to think of how many dogs don't get that second chance. He's fun, smart and the cuddliest dog I have ever met.

HappyEverAfter6.jpg

Ha Ha! And I bet at least one of your cats is fat. I

Smedley objects to your comment...

Ha Ha! And I bet at least one of your cats is fat. I

Smedley objects to your comment...

As an animal lover, my apologies to Smedley.......:-)

More interestingly, what breed of dogs, or cats do people have?

We now have a Anatolian & Bernese.

My first dog was a Spanish mastiff. She kept running me over when I was a kid coming back from school. haha God help anyone if they looked at me, or any of my siblings the wrong way.

Edited by Blue Train

One dog. One cat.

But I'm basically a dog person who also has a cat.

You can run around with dogs, get some exercise with them, they like car rides (which cats hate), so you can take them places and they're basically up for checking anything out.

On the other hand, cats low maintenance and they'll play with any old thing that happens to be available. Heck, a stray leaf that found its way inside yesterday gave Peanut (the cat) the zooms for a good half hour.

So, both ...

One dog. One cat.

You can run around with dogs, get some exercise with them, they like car rides (which cats hate), so you can take them places and they're basically up for checking anything out.

On the other hand, cats low maintenance and they'll play with any old thing that happens to be available. Heck, a stray leaf that found its way inside yesterday gave Peanut (the cat) the zooms for a good half hour.

So, both ...

I would add that a "meow" is far quieter than a "bark". We like that.

No "lawn ornaments" to worry about since cats do their bodily functions an a sand filled box. Safety first!

Cats bathe themselves [though a dog bath can be pretty comical and bonding for the owner and dog].

Cats are cheaper; dogs will cost you a bundle to buy and maintain. Besides, when our cats get the "zooms" it is free entertainment :g

One dog. One cat.

So, both ...

I would add that a "meow" is far quieter than a "bark". We like that.

No "lawn ornaments" to worry about since cats do their bodily functions an a sand filled box. Safety first!

Cats bathe themselves [though a dog bath can be pretty comical and bonding for the owner and dog].

Cats are cheaper; dogs will cost you a bundle to buy and maintain. Besides, when our cats get the "zooms" it is free entertainment :g

My golden retriever hasn't barked in over 18 months.

He doesn't dump his 'ornaments' on any old lawn. I have to walk him to his sweet spots in the local parks for him to finally sit down after giving the place a thorough inspection with his nose.

He swims daily in the local waterways.

Keeping a dog is expensive, but golden retrievers do provide free entertainment. It's just that they are well behaved inside the house and (expect to) have a lot of fun outside in your company.