Quote function changed?

Jim R

If there's already a thread on this, I couldn't find it, but recently I'm finding it more difficult and awkward to use the quote function, particularly if I want to break someone's quote up into multiple parts. It's not clear to me when things changed, or why, but the problem exists both in Google Chrome and Safari. Just wondering if anybody has any tips...

I've experienced difficulty in the past day, too. I'm using IE9. Haven't tried breaking a quote up yet, but the text box doesn't come up on the screen - have to page down to find it - and it just seems awkward to use. Trying to remove a redundant image from a quote was quite difficult.

MG

Or use the small button on top left of the window for your post ... by hitting it, all other buttons turn grey (not usable) and you change into txt-mode ... there you see the <quote> bits again ... you can also then switch back to HTML by hitting the button again (i.e. if you want to put something in bold or want to insert an image etc. and don't know the proper tags)

Or use the small button on top left of the window for your post ... by hitting it, all other buttons turn grey (not usable) and you change into txt-mode ... there you see the <quote> bits again ... you can also then switch back to HTML by hitting the

button again (i.e. if you want to put something in bold or want to insert an image etc. and don't know the proper tags)

my way is quickest ;)

Or use the small button on top left of the window for your post ... by hitting it, all other buttons turn grey (not usable) and you change into txt-mode ... there you see the <quote> bits again ... you can also then switch back to HTML by hitting the

True

button again (i.e. if you want to put something in bold or want to insert an image etc. and don't know the proper tags)

my way is quickest ;)

Dat!

Didn't know that really worked! Cool!

But it's still a bit confusing if you're not careful.

Thanks guys. I can still foresee some struggles using David's technique, depending on how intricate the manipulation of the quote might be. Ubu's suggestion will help with that, though.

The odd thing to me is, I don't remember when this change occurred, haven't seen any announcement or discussion about the change, and it's unclear to me why this happened. Still curious, if anybody (moderators?) has any insight.

I can still foresee some struggles using David's technique, depending on how intricate the manipulation of the quote might be.

This is the 21st century and people get their news from Twitter. However intricately you want to manipulate a quote, it ain't gonna be too damn hard.

If you know what I mean.