Resequencing The Complete Jack Johnson

JazzLover451

One of the hardest things for me about the Complete Jack Johnson box set is the repetition of tracks on each disc. I don't know what the rationale for sequencing the set that way was, but I feel it takes away from the listener's enjoyment by having to hear the same track played over and over again on the same disc, So my question is this: Have you had any luck resequencing the tracks and, if so, would you be so kind as to share your revisionism of this box set with us? I'm not the best when it comes to making mix tapes (tapes, heh), but I would appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks in advance.

Edited by JazzLover451

I'm with Jim, spent a good chunk of time with it, then maybe I'll go back some time. If you want a resequencing or remix of the the best of the set, I'd suggest the final version of Jack Johnson is your best bet, because that's what it is supposed to be. To me not a set I'd play through more than a couple of times, though I do really like it.

• 10 years later...

Well, this is embarrassing.  I just realized that I've had this box set for ages and never played it.  I got it for next to nothing when the old BMG club - remember that? - had a glitch on their website and was selling box sets for pennies on the dollar. 

Guess I'll uncork a bottle of wine and dig into this today! 

3 hours ago, danasgoodstuff said:

Since that box does not contain the final mix of Go Ahead John form Big Fun but does have some raw takes of section of it, I made a CD-R that had it all.  Played it in the car for years.

I didn't realise that. The JJ set is a favourite.