Bug in iPad/iPhone app re YouTube

mjzee

• 3 weeks later...

That's correct. As I understand it, when Apple pulled the YouTube app from iOS6, Google was able to use built-in hooks in the iOS to send video links directly to its own standalone app. Try this: tap and hold the video link. You should be presented with the option to copy the link or "Open in YouTube". After copying the link, you should be able to open it in Apple's built-in player.

What surprises me is when I click on a thread title (the most recent example is the Lee Konitz duos thread), and there's a YouTube link somewhere in the thread, YouTube immediately opens - no choice on my part. It's unsettling to see an app control my handheld in that way.

• 2 weeks later...

These popup boxes seem to happening on thread that DON'T have youTube videos posted. Like here

and

Pain in the arse!

But do you get any money out of it, Jim? Happy to tolerate it, if you do.

MG

popup boxes? I don't see anything unusual on the two thread pages you linked. There are ads at the bottom of every page, but that's got nothing to do with Youtube, and it's not what mjzee was talking about.

These popup boxes seem to happening on thread that DON'T have youTube videos posted. Like here

and

Pain in the arse!

MG

popup boxes? I don't see anything unusual on the two thread pages you linked. There are ads at the bottom of every page, but that's got nothing to do with Youtube, and it's not what mjzee was talking about.

In the first thread I referenced (the stamps thread), in Bright Moments' fist post, the word 'start' is a link. If you hover over it, an ad pops up.

MG

and

Pain in the arse!

MG

In the first thread I referenced (the stamps thread), in Bright Moments' fist post, the word 'start' is a link. If you hover over it, an ad pops up.

MG

Second thread. I see no link where you're describing it. I see no pop-up. :shrug[1]: