MLB 2013 Season

Its August 5th and with one more win, the Red Sox match last year's total. Pretty impressive turnaround especially since few of the young prospects they want to build with have had an impact yet (the only one, Jose Iglesias, got traded to get Jake Peavy last week). More impressive when you consider that two legit closers hardly had an impact before undergoing major surgeries but I do fear for the bullpen's continued effectiveness. With the trade deadline gone, now's the time for those young arms to step up and have an impact, or I fear they won't maintain their league-leading winning percentage.

Still a nice year after last year's epic incompetence and last-place finish.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its August 5th and with one more win, the Red Sox match last year's total. Pretty impressive turnaround especially since few of the young prospects they want to build with have had an impact yet (the only one, Jose Iglesias, got traded to get Jake Peavy last week). More impressive when you consider that two legit closers hardly had an impact before undergoing major surgeries but I do fear for the bullpen's continued effectiveness. With the trade deadline gone, now's the time for those young arms to step up and have an impact, or I fear they won't maintain their league-leading winning percentage.

Still a nice year after last year's epic incompetence and last-place finish.

plus they own their own newspaper. you won't be seing much negatory criticism of the beantowners in the globe by staff. :w:w:w:w

It's been a hell of a "bridge year" for Boston.

This isn't a comment about anyone here, but man, I guess the present & future for the Lakers is so inadequate that all of the sudden I know all these ex-LA people who have ignored baseball who now are excited about sweeping the Cubs. :lol: I know, I know, the road streak is longer than that. Maybe if they lose 3 or 4 this week this week (4 @ STL, 3 vs TB at home) it'll shake some of the bandwagon fans out until October (assuming they make the playoffs, which I don't necessarily do). The enthusiasm doesn't bug me at all for people who have been there the whole time but I swear I know at least 3 people who probably think Fernando is still pitching for them. The old pink hat Red Sox ilk now have LA logos on their caps.

Judgement day for Mr Alex Rodriguez

(according to mlb-tv 2 hours ago) rodriquez is threatening to sue yanquis for bad medical care and trying to get rid of him, as well as suing mlb and yanquis.

is it not interesting that all of the players suspended are latin americans?

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Why? The clinic was located in Miami which is practically a Latin American city anyway. And its been noted that outside of the U.S., most of these drugs are available over the counter, which certainly makes it easier for athletes to obtain them. Its been noted in the past that a lot of PED users, from the 'survey' testing in 2004 through all of the PED-related suspensions, have been Latino.

For that matter, Ryan Braun was the first to get suspended and he ain't Latino, so your assertion is wrong to begin with. All of the suspensions announced today are for Latin players.

Judgement day for Mr Alex Rodriguez

(according to mlb-tv 2 hours ago) rodriquez is threatening to sue yanquis for bad medical care and trying to get rid of him, as well as suing mlb and yanquis.

is it not interesting that all of the players suspended are latin americans?

If some of the rumors of A-Roid being a steerer of players to the clinic is true, it would make sense that he would be friendly to a lot of latino players and would lead them down that road.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1207938/index.htm

i'm enjoying a brewer-giant radio broadcast with the legendary brilliant playbyplay genius bob uecker. :):):)

ueck mentioning walking down the hall tonight to visit his old friend, giant superstar willie mccovey. willie mays is at tonight's game, as well, and attends most every giants home game.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

The disappointment of the Division has to be the Nats. Phillies should be better and Mets are around where they should be (a little better actually than people thought) but everyone expected Nats to be one of the best teams in the League, let alone the Division.