MLB 2013 Season

Ryan Braun Suspended (for the rest of the year) for Doping and he's not contesting it this time.

The only reason he wasn't suspended last time was as a result of procedural issues....not that he was innocent. He also straight out lied about this initially. At no time did he bring up making mistakes. He was saying he only went to Biogenesis to use them for consulting in the previous incident.

It will make it hard for the other 15, or so associated with Biogenesis....especially Mr. April.

I think he and the Yankees were hoping he comes back/breaks down and then cash out on the insurance as a result of the hip and just walk away before they could suspend him. If he get's the 100 games they're talking about that takes them through the first couple months of next year as well if he doesn't fight it.

There is even talk about charging him for two separate violations for a total of 150 games. He turns 38 later this month. You the know the Yankees are going to do what they can to get out of his contract after the arbitrator's final decision on how long.

Edited in. TJ Quinn on ESPN brought up a possible lifetime ban for Mr. April. He allegedly tried to impede the investigation and MLB has even more evidence against him than they did against Braun.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/23/sports/baseball/ryan-braun-suspended-for-doping.html

Edited by Blue Train

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You test positive on a MLB roster you should be gone for a year....

+2nd time caught = career over

Currently there's much more reward for cheaters than risk; hence the PED era continues.

1 year suspension first time caught, followed by expulsion for 2nd offence would make it a very difficult decision for anyone to mess with this stuff.

Melky get's his 50 game suspension after best #'s for his career....Giants kick him to the curb, yet Toronto signs him multi-year for really good money.

Cheater Braun takes his 65 day suspension [3-4 million vacation for a team that's going nowhere], yet PED'd his way to his $120 million contract that he gets paid for no matter what happens from this point forward.

ah, a home and home doubleheader. i never saw one like this.http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_07_23_cinmlb_sfnmlb_1

cincinnati(on the road) will bat last in one of the games. has that ever been done in mlb history????

Yes,,,,,it's a make up rained-out game that was a Reds home game initially, so they batted last in the visiting ball park.

You test positive on a MLB roster you should be gone for a year....

+2nd time caught = career over

Currently there's much more reward for cheaters than risk; hence the PED era continues.

1 year suspension first time caught, followed by expulsion for 2nd offence would make it a very difficult decision for anyone to mess with this stuff.

Melky get's his 50 game suspension after best #'s for his career....Giants kick him to the curb, yet Toronto signs him multi-year for really good money.

Cheater Braun takes his 65 day suspension [3-4 million vacation for a team that's going nowhere], yet PED'd his way to his $120 million contract that he gets paid for no matter what happens from this point forward.

ah, a home and home doubleheader. i never saw one like this.http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_07_23_cinmlb_sfnmlb_1

cincinnati(on the road) will bat last in one of the games. has that ever been done in mlb history????

Yes,,,,,it's a make up rained-out game that was a Reds home game initially, so they batted last in the visiting ball park.

And he took the suspension this year because the team was going nowhere and since he was going to make more money next year....he would have lost more money.

But you have to remember the Players union fought tooth and nail for 10-years with MLB just to get it to 50/100/banned for life. They players are not going to agree with that. Just look at the NFL and HGH.

They're doing a population study (even thought the WADA already has one for multiple sports) of every player because the NFLPA is claiming football players have a higher level than normal people, or even other non-football athletes.....which is B.S.

The NFL wants to to include a proviso for retroactive testing. The NLFPA doesn't want that. Without it....those players who are using it can keep using it which will skew the baseline making it harder to catch someone.

Edited by Blue Train

Anyone see the video of the Tim Hudson injury? Watching the video is real hard to stomach.

Saw it. At first I thought Young might bear some responsibility for what happened. But after viewing it a few more times I think it's Hudson's fault. He put his foot right in the middle of the bag, covering the whole bag. Young didn't have time to alter his path. If any good comes out of this incident it will be that coaches will use this film to show their players what can happen when you don't have your foot set correctly at first.

I'm curious to see what the Indians do in the second half--some think Francona will be the difference maker. They have not looked good so far. They have a 3-1 lead tonight against Texas, which is a formidable opponent. Just tuning in now and then. I see the Indians have another 2 errors, and Texas scored without even getting a hit. At the start of the season, I would have said this is one of their best defenses in years; yet they seem to commit 2 or 3 errors every game.

Albert Pujols is most likely gone for the rest of the season. Only 8 more years left on his contract. Don't even get me started on the Josh Hamilton deal. $365 million (this year it's $33 combined) for a combined avg. 240, 16HR, 53.5 RBI, .312 wOBA.
In the meantime the Cardinals are in first and Rangers are only 1.5 behind the A's.