I had to laugh

Our is a conventional box of six. But I'm pretty sure I've seen larger boxes; certainly a dozen. I think most people here thought Wales would beat England on the 16th of March, (but didn't expect 30-3) so the firm probably planned a celebratory box. Pity Ireland beat Wales; it would have been another Grand Slam.

MG

15?

When did eggs start to come in groups of 15?

Whatever happened to respect for tradition?

I'm completely ignorant about football/soccer -- could there be 15 players dressed per team in a game? That'd make it 'a tribute' package.

In Canada, we get eggs by the dozen, and there are (in some big stores) packages of 18. You want just 6? Some shops may cut a 12-pack in half for you, and charge 60% of the price...

15?

I'm completely ignorant about football/soccer -- could there be 15 players dressed per team in a game? That'd make it 'a tribute' package.

In Canada, we get eggs by the dozen, and there are (in some big stores) packages of 18. You want just 6? Some shops may cut a 12-pack in half for you, and charge 60% of the price...

See, it's a small country - 6 eggs is enough for us. Six big eggs - mine were rather on the small side this evening :D

MG

15?

Wrong sport! There are however 15 players in a rugby union team.

I'm still bemused by the "15 Free Range Welsh eggs."

I assume that is a reference to the players.

Then followed by "Proud supporters of Welsh rugby". Surely not a reference to the players? The Welsh Egg Marketing Board - Dfflydd Pleggnorff Egggryff?

Maybe they just got enthusiastic.