Quincy Jones Live Recordings February-July 1960

Victor Christensen

I am searching for the exact dates and locations of the live recordings Quincy Jones Big Band made during their European Tour in 1960 from February to end of June, the only one I have found out so far is the one in Gothenburg, Sweden on February 16th 1960, but there is also 4 or 5 more from France, Belgium and Switzerland. Any help will be appreciated.

Vic

Here's the latest one that came to light:

http://www.tcb.ch/news.cgi?list=month%7Cid&param=January+2013&sort=r

And in the description here, you'll get what I assume are the commonly circulated dates (not that I'm having doubts, but I wouldn't really know, either):

[link removed]

Edit: that description is botched, sorry - and it goes to a boot, so no link, sorry. Go to www.jazzmessengers.com and look up the Quincy European 4CD set to get this info:

CD1, 1-7: L’Alhambra, Paris, France, February 14, 1960.
CD1, 8-14: Belgium, February, 1960.
CD2: Konserthus, Gothenburg, Sweden, February 16, 1960.
CD3: Municipal Theatre, Laussane, Switzerland, May 20, 1960.
CD4: Theatre de Beaulieu, Lausanne, Switzerland, June 27, 1960.

Plus disc four of the Mosaic box - Zurich, March 10 (big band album) and March 11 (jam w/members of the big band):

http://www.mosaicrecords.com/discography.asp?number=237-MD-CD&price=$85.00&copies=5%20CDs

Edited by king ubu

Thanks a lot Flurin and Happy Birthday, have you ever got to sort out all the radiotransmissions you have with The Clarke-Boland Band ?

Vic

Alas no! I started, but don't have time for such endeavours right now, I'm afraid.

Thanks for the wishes, Vic!

Edited by king ubu