NFL 2013

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how quickly you jump on and jump off the bandwagon. The entire season is now gone when just yesterday it was 3 games are not the season.

P.S. Among many things wrong last night....they didn't lose more than 1 game before another win last season....in fact the last time it happened was 2010 before Harbaugh became HC and that "idiot" Greg Roman became the OC.

Oh yeah, after 2 HC and 6 previous OCs and with the "idiot" Roman (who was the same genius OC when they got to the Super Bowl) being his 7th OC in 7-years (that is an actual record)....Smith was the 3rd rated QB and lead the NFL in completions...oh yeah, he was 19-5-1 with his first legitimate HC and "idiot" OC....Kaepernick first started in week 10 and they played against mostly cupcakes defenses (it really was a perfect storm).....they lost to the teams that had a real defense....including the Ravens.

Alex Smith once again with a HC/OC with a clue is succeeding.

As in, the DC's have had an entire off-season to break down the read option and Kaepernick....and like this season, they lose to a team with the better defense.

@ least RGIII has the ACL for an excuse.

P.P.S. In a couple posts the Colts went from cupcakes/tomatoes to they're now @ Broncos level. :rofl:

Of course, they just could have drafted Aaron Rodgers...but thankfully for him they didn't.

Looks like Aldous Smith is in rehab for a great, long while.

Well...there goes the season.

Edited by Blue Train

I think they're up to the task. The Colts looked real good on Sunday.

The Niners, well, with two top receivers out for the season and now one of their best LBs, it will be a rough road ahead. The resurgent Seahawks look to be the NFC West favorite right now.

Guess the college game will be my sporting distraction this season. Ugh.

They have the potential of becoming a really good team in the next few years. They ended up with the better QB in the whole RGIII thing (like Kaepernick....he's only dangerous with the threat of him running, which means more chances of getting injured....that's if he's ever the same again.....and the read option isn't really going to help any QB career's lasting for long) and they have really good young WRs. Their OL pass blocking on the other hand is a mess. It's a miracle Luck survives each game.

It's also really their first year with Pagano as HC because of last year's cancer.....and their defense should improve under him.

I think the Richardson trade will come back to bite the Colts in the long run.

I will keep an eye on the Colts
Probably the easiest schedule last season with Peyton out the previous season
Now they have a tougher schedule this season

Edited by Blue Train

http://deadspin.com/eagles-respond-to-peyton-manning-audible-by-yelling-pa-1428548149

"Peyton Manning and hard-drinkin' Papa John Schnatter have long been engaged in alucrative business relationship. This fact was not lost on the Eagles' defense, which attempted to disrupt Manning's audibles during yesterday's game by screaming, "Papa John's!" at him."

Injuries to too many key players and it was already rebuilding time after going 8-8 last season. The OL is really a mess.

Silver lining/cup half-full @ least right now they're in a 3-way tie for the #1 pick, and they have extra picks next year. Worst case scenario right now is they drop to a pick that will let them draft someone to replace Mike Adams. As in, Lewan, or Matthews.

What the matter with the Steelers?

Did Romo literally give Peyton the game on a silver platter?

It would be hard to imagine a more perfectly unwitting, unsolvable, and, most perfectly of all, unstoppable instrument of Divine and/or Satanic torture to a collective organizational/civic Karma than Tony Romo.

If there is to be a more Cosmic FUCK YOU, JERRY JONES in the cards than this game today, it will likely occur on a vibrational plane beyond anything to which I believe I can bear material witness.

However, one hopes.

One hopes.

I said it before. Jerry Jones is the modern version of Al Davis when he Jumped the Shark....@ least Davis had a clue for several decades before then. I could be wrong, but I think Manning passes Marino for passing yards and is now only behind Favre.

At this video game rate....he might end up with 64 TDs and 6,000+ yards in the regular season.

P.S. Once again....the Niners won in spite of it's looking more like he's a partial year wonder...Colin Kaepernick. He was 5-14 for 49 yards. He ended up 6-15 for 113 only because of one late pass to Vernon Davis. He also had a whopping 14 yards rushing.

P.P.S. Amazing as this might sound, but Dallas (which is now 2-3) is tied with Philly for first place in the NFC East.

Edited by Blue Train

Romo has 23 fourth quarter INT's in his career....Cowboys have lost the last eight consecutive games in which he's thrown one.

"P.S. Once again....the Niners won in spite of it's looking more like he's a partial year wonder...Colin Kaepernick. He was 5-14 for 49 yards. He ended up 6-15 for 113 only because of one late pass to Vernon Davis. He also had a whopping 14 yards rushing."

Any team would take that stat sheet every week when the team wins by 31!!

Romo has 23 fourth quarter INT's in his career....Cowboys have lost the last eight consecutive games in which he's thrown one.

"P.S. Once again....the Niners won in spite of it's looking more like he's a partial year wonder...Colin Kaepernick. He was 5-14 for 49 yards. He ended up 6-15 for 113 only because of one late pass to Vernon Davis. He also had a whopping 14 yards rushing."

Any team would take that stat sheet every week when the team wins by 31!!

Outside of the GB game that is pretty much his weekly stats and they're not going to get much games like that. Though, it helps they have such a soft schedule this year.

Edited by Blue Train

As a Falcons fan, I pretty much threw in the towel when Weatherspoon went down. They just don't have the depth to deal with the injuries they've racked up this season.

As for the Vikings, you mean the Cassel era. The Ponder era ended a week ago.

Edited by Jazzmoose

The PBS documentary on the NFL and concussions. The NFLPA isn't mentioned @ all....it wouldn't have happened without the NFLPA turning a blind eye on it. Also, no mention of steroids affect...another thing the NFLPA turned a complete blind eye too....just like they're doing their best to do with HGH.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365093675/

Edited by Blue Train