NFL 2013

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns prob ain't won 4 in a row in 40 years

Best thing that happened is they got rid of Holmgren, Shurmer and Richardson. McGahee is like 40+ in RB years and coming off a season ending knee injury and didn't go through any camp and basically just came off the street...and there isn't much difference in his stats than Richardson with the Colts.

Of course, they're back to the other major mistake by Holmgren. As in, Weeden.

Edited in: Might have reverse jinxed. When I mentioned Weeden he was 2-5 for 11 yards. Since then he's now 9-15 for 89 yards a TD.

Edited in again. Add in another TD and an interception.

Edited by Blue Train

In regard to football players' concussions and such, it wouldn't surprise me if one day in the future doctors determine that most of the damage occurs when the players are teenagers (and thus still amateurs).

I don't know about most of it....Nathan Stiles became the first high school player to have been diagnosed with CTE after his autopsy in 2010. He was only 17 when he died. The previous youngest person was Owen Thomas who played for the University of Pennsylvania. He committed suicide.

Edited by Blue Train

1. Chiefs are the first team to go 5-0 after winning 2 or less games the prior season.

2. Forget I don't how any team would have made Schiano a HC....just how does he still have a job?

3. Figures the first win of the season for the Steelers is against the Rex Ryan circus.

4. Take away a few games (and a miracle catch) in two seasons and Eli Manning is bottom of the barrel QB.

In regard to football players' concussions and such, it wouldn't surprise me if one day in the future doctors determine that most of the damage occurs when the players are teenagers (and thus still amateurs).

I don't know about most of it....Nathan Stiles became the first high school player to have been diagnosed with CTE after his autopsy in 2010. He was only 17 when he died. The previous youngest person was Owen Thomas who played for the University of Pennsylvania. He committed suicide.

I'm making the assumption that this is a cumulative thing; am I wrong?

Niners's fans @ Candlestick were completely classless ....doing a wave while a player is seriously injured enough he had to be taken off on a stretcher with numbness in his arms and legs. At least the players and ownership had more class than their fans.

Thankfully, Calais Cambell once again has feeling in his extremities.

Of course, the Texans' fans that no only cheered but cheered a player on their own team being injured....WTF?

I don't think I have ever seen, or heard about anything similar to what happened @ Candlestick, or Reliant before.

How many more games before the Richardson trade is considered a bust?

Edited by Blue Train

I'm making the assumption that this is a cumulative thing; am I wrong?

You have to remember the human brain has the constancy of gelatin, but yes for CTE is mostly cumulative. Depending on the field and weather conditions a sack is around 120-150 g's. If the field is artificial, or colder....it will add to it. A typical hit is around 100g's. Then add in all the practices from when they first started playing the game until they stop.

That's 5 times what a jet fighter withstands @ takeoff. In flight....more than 12 can lead to blackouts and death.

Then add in even though the body is stopped the gelatin like brain is still moving inside the skull @ that full speed and hitting against the skull @ a high speed each time. If they hit the field....their brain can end going back and forth/sideways while hitting against the skull.

I enjoy watching the game, but no way in hell I would allow any child of mine to play it.

Edited by Blue Train

Rex is running the defense which is what he does best, and they've improved tremendously at 'O' coordinator after the terrible Shottenheimer [sp?] who's messing up another team this year. How that guy continually gets a job because of his daddy's name is beyond me.

Titans were supposed to be a better test than they turned out to be, but that's why they play the games....

Rex is running the defense which is what he does best, and they've improved tremendously at 'O' coordinator after the terrible Shottenheimer [sp?] who's messing up another team this year. How that guy continually gets a job because of his daddy's name is beyond me.

Titans were supposed to be a better test than they turned out to be, but that's why they play the games....

John Idzik also has him on a really tight leash as well....and he knows it will be a good while if ever that anyone hires him to be a HC again.

What do you expect from anything involving Jeff Fisher but mediocrity @ best? It's like no one has really checked his record.

Bud Adams died. R.I.P.

Edited by Blue Train

Here is ESPN's Bud Adams obituary. I think that the picture on the right is not Adams but Bernie Ecclestone!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9858914/bud-adams-owner-tennessee-titans-houston-oilers-franchise-dies

RIP. There aren't many left from my childhood.

The Oilers won the first two AFL championships, and never one another after that.

Mariano Rivera has run the ball for the Giants the exact same amount of times as all of the Giants' active running backs tonight.

John Idzik also has him on a really tight leash as well....and he knows it will be a good while if ever that anyone hires him to be a HC again.

What do you expect from anything involving Jeff Fisher but mediocrity @ best? It's like no one has really checked his record.

Bud Adams died. R.I.P.

where is little marty now???

The soon to be Santa Clara 49ers have got to be experiencing of the weakest cupcake schedules anyone has played in WTF? knows how many years. Today's alleged opponent.....the worst team in the NFL. They have 2 or 3 games out of the remaining 8 that they actually have to play anyone on the cupcake tour.

Edited by Blue Train