NFL 2013

The 49/Seatle game ended like last year. (didn't they play last year too?) Last year, Russell Wilson had a chance to win the game with the last play of the game. They needed a touchdown. He scramble to the right and there was an open receiver in the end zone, Wilson was around the 5 yard line and tried to lob a pass over a 49er to the end zone. The 49er jumped up and knocked down the pass. That saved the game for the 49ers.

This year, a Seatle player knocks the pass, saving a touchdown.

That did not happen.....last year SF defeated Atlanta to represent in the last Superbowl

Yes SF & Seattle are in the same division and play each other 2x each regular season.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily we don't have to find out.

BTW, Manning has feasted on very weak defensive teams this season. He hasn't faced anything even close to what Seattle has.

I'm torn. I would love to see Champ retire with a ring, but I'm an old school defensive guy. I want to see Seattle win it.

It also depends, to some degree, on how the refs call it- Seattle gets away with lots of holding by the defensive backs, so if the refs call a tight game I think that advantage goes to Denver.

So....Denver is playing in Bizarro World Super Bowl? My cable company is punking me? What/why? I pay my monthly fees (and taxes, and surcharges) to see real Super Bowl, please.

The challenge was dumb, their execution has (largely) been dumb, going for it on 4th and 2 with < 2 minutes left in half and no points on board was stupid, they are not ready for Seattle, especially not mentally. Not team, not booth, not sideline. Just not ready. Not.

And as beer gets worse, beer commercials get dumber? Correlation? Perhaps!

And yet Bizarro World Super Bowl gives me Bob Dylan Chrysler commercial, so, pissed-off phone call to pranking cable company not needed after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkC_t9S6JSo

Old Dream collapsed-under-its-own-weight into New Dream more dreamlike than Old Dream In Current Condition (aka Dead dream Walking, crawling, writhing), so, Entertainment!

Defense was key, but also seemed like the Seahawks were better prepared and hungrier. The Broncos were too full of Papa Johns.

....and obviously lactose intolerant as well since the game became a complete stinker. :bad:

The game held interest for me up until the kick return of the 2nd half when it became game, set, match followed by entire half of pretty much garbage time.

The reason I thought the contest would be interesting going in was that I did believe Bronco's 'D' would play pretty well in their own right as they had done several weeks prior including the 2 playoff games.

Denver's tackling was pretty much horse_poop.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Read an interesting stat today among the post-mortem analyses - this was the fifth Super Bowl in which the team which allowed the fewest points during the regular season played the team that scored the most points. In those five games, the teams which allowed the fewest points are 5-0. Defense does win championships, and I'll bet Buddy Ryan was smiling last night.