NFL 2013

Bears won in OT, showed considerable guts and a fair degree of skill (Alshon Jeffrey!) in doing so. That 43-yd. pass pass to Martellus Bennett in OT, which set up the winning FG was sweet on his part and McCown's, too. Re-awakened thoughts that maybe we won't and shouldn't re-sign Cutler -- because we're going to need so much money to rebuild the injured and aged defense and because if MCown, old lifetime backup though he is, can move the team this well, maybe Marc Trestman's offense would work well enough with any decent QB, not a guy whos' going to cost us $40-$50 million to re-sign.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Greg Roman [with the help of a piss poor O-Line and piss poor referee calls] keeps an otherwise sterling Niners Defense from winning...again. He's running Gore and Hunter up the gut, up the gut, up the gut. GEEZ. Maybe he could allow Kaepernick to come out with a pass a little sooner? And what is this start-stop delay at the line of scrimmage bullshit anyway?

If Roman would just get the hell out of the way and let the real 49ers team win [Read: Defense] and/or control the game, they'd be at least 8-2 right now. Niners-D is what has led this team for three years now and Roman keeps shutting the offense down with his conservative and oh-so-predictable play calling. Last week's 4th and 1 at the goal line then wimp out on that bark the other guys offsides garbage looms large right now. FGs won't get it done, Roman. Open up the Offense, dammit!

Maybe the Wildcard, who can tell at this point. Pssh.

How much more can they open up the offense when he has a half-year wonder (that I am not sure who will want in the future as more than a backup) going 17-31 for a whopping 127? As in, they barely ran the ball and they can't trust the half-year wonder. If not for the defense keeping in them in the game as a result of the half-year wonder continuing to prove he's a half-year wonder....it would have been really ugly.

It's everyone's fault but the half-year wonder.

P.S. All the major ref calls...including those that favored the Niners were correct.

Edited by Blue Train

Niners have some weird game plans going offensively.

Noticeably rushing Gore less than 20+ times is not their winning formula.

Kap has played 18 games; when they handed him the keys, they used his considerable athletic talents.

Mostly they're playing him like a 'game manager' which they had one of the best in the biz at that the past 2 seasons, who's undefeated with his new club in that role and giving Denver a pretty good run thus far tonight.

1. Okay, he thinks they're using Gore too much...and you think they're not using him enough.

2. Outside of last year's half-year wonder when has he shown he doesn't belong on the bench...if not the 3rd string QB?

3. Haven't you heard Alex Smith is the anti-Christ with a certain homer/bandwagoner....having said that....they're using him realizing they need a new QB because he's a half-year wonder....and like with RGIII another wonder.....DC's didn't need much time to adapt to the read option....which means the QB actually has to be a QB.....and neither really is that good @ being an actual QB.

Once again 17-31 for 127....just how many keys more are needed before anyone figures out he's what he is?

4. KC lost but then Denver has Manning in the middle of one of his crazy pre-playoffs video gaming seasons.

Edited by Blue Train

To all the Alex Smith fans:

Who have the Chiefs played? The only bonafide win they have was against a hapless Eagles squad when they were on a losing streak. They have played tomato cans the rest of the season [nearly losing to the Texans...who?] then get stomped by the only good team [Denver] on their schedule so far. I'm guessing the Colts then [again] the Denver Broncos will feed them their lunch the next time, too. A good HS QB could look good with the Chiefs.

Niners, OTOH, have lost the last two games by a total of four points against top quality opponents. The first two losses have come against top teams, as well. Their OC Greg Roman has the offense so locked up they can't pass on any down. And again, running up the middle is old-school "keep them honest" offense.Then we have to listen to how Kaepernick's low passing percentage is worse than that statue Smith. Geez. Watch the game, not your ipods. Statistics tell only part of the story.

Carry on :rolleyes:

Edited by GoodSpeak

1. No one said Alex Smith was a great QB. Just what he's good @ he's very good at. Also, KC has played many cupcakes as the Niners, but unlike the Niners.....as long as Smith does what he's good @ their defense took care of the rest of. Even with Manning in video game mode he @ least still kept them in the game....but Denver's OL was able to hold back KC's defense and that was the real main difference.

2. Not sure what universe you live in....but last I heard the Niners lost to 4 times....three of which to good teams with actual good QB's and not half-year wonders that belong on the bench...by a total of 49 points. The 4th to Carolina another team like the Niners with a wonder QB that has to rely on it's defense and hope their wonder doesn't screw up....which the half-year wonder did against Carolina. So that's 4 teams by 50 points....it and all the rest would have been worse without that Defense.

3. I did watch the game and obviously like all the other games...you didn't. They barely ran the ball and per usual....Kaepernick failed @ being an actual QB. He was only dangerous as a passer during his half-year wonder when he ran, but once again....it didn't take long for DC's to catch onto the read option. They put that game squarely in his hands and he completely failed. If he was even a competent passer they would have won....just like they would have they had one against Carolina.

4. Russell Wilson continues to show that he's not a wonder like Kaepernick, RGIII and Newton.

5. Right now they're @ best the 5th seed if they beat and lose to the teams they're supposed to beat and lose too.

Edited by Blue Train

Who said they only lost twice? [ my first draft clearly stated "have lost the last two games by a total of four points" not the post time vs. the edit time; third edit was for syntax]

All four losses came against very good teams. Carolina is in 2nd, Seahawks are running away from the NFC West, the 1st place Colts are a quality club as are the 1st place Saints. This is no "cupcake" schedule. Look who the Rams just beat. Arizona is 6-4.

The Jets, OTOH, couldn't win a game of full contact bumper cars.

That's all I'm saying to you..watch the game not the stats.

And quit fixating on me, Louis. God that's creepy.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Who said they only lost twice? [ my first draft clearly stated "have lost the last two games by a total of four points" not the post time vs. the edit time; third edit was for syntax]

All four losses came against very good teams. Carolina is in 2nd, Seahawks are running away from the NFC West, the 1st place Colts are a quality club as are the 1st place Saints. This is no "cupcake" schedule. Look who the Rams just beat. Arizona is 6-4.

The Jets, OTOH, couldn't win a game of full contact bumper cars.

That's all I'm saying to you..watch the game not the stats.

And quit fixating on me, God that's creepy.

1. My mistake for once again forgetting who I am dealing with and not quoting you.

2. Carolina like the Niners are 2nd and like the Niners in one of the weakest divisions....and like the Niners have a wonder....and like the Niners depend on their defense to beat the cupcakes. You see how that all connects?

3. The only teams they beat are cupcakes. They could have beat NO and Carolina if they had even a competent QB is what I am saying.

4. I have made myself very clear of what I think of the Jets and the Rex Ryan circus....so that won't work.

5. Like with many others you post something I respond (just like I did with Mike Schwartz)....you wan't creepy....I have never posted any part of name anywhere online on any BB (and everyone knows you would be the last person I would share it with.)....but you have. I haven't even used your ironic handle once.

So, you're actually breaking board rules while being creepy....each time in the past of you being creepy, it was the moderators who edited it out....

As in, do you really want to use any part of my name in your response now, or anytime in the future?

I edited it out of my quote....it really would be very wise if you did the same thing.

P.S. Get over yourself....very few of my posts have anything to do with you....maybe, if you actually realized this was a big board that wasn't limited to sports you would realize that. I do realize without the political forum it's greatly limited you.

Edited by Blue Train

Jets will only go as far as their QB and he's consistently inconsistent. Rex is doing a good job this year. Most people including me only gave them a chance for 4 to 5 wins. They've got 5 already and, unless they really go in the tank, should win 7.

I thought the Geno Smith pick was a disaster....especially since he doesn't fit the offense run by Mornhinweg. Considering he's a rookie and in an offense not suited to him....he's been better than anyone expected.

The only thing they're consistent about is them losing a game after winning one. First time that has ever happened in the history of the NFL. It was even after a bye-week and beating NO....Go Jets! As long as the Rex Ryan circus is in town they're not going anywhere

Edited by Blue Train

Some bull$hit ref calls cost the Browns a W vs the Bungholes......

Right now it's about the future and high draft picks with the Browns....as in, a QB! Believe me...as a Jets/Knicks and the Cubs DNA part of me fan, I semi-understand...yes, I know I @ least I had the "Evil Empire".

Edited by Blue Train

Jets will only go as far as their QB and he's consistently inconsistent. Rex is doing a good job this year. Most people including me only gave them a chance for 4 to 5 wins. They've got 5 already and, unless they really go in the tank, should win 7.

I read Rex Ryan took the team out to some pub after ending practice early.

Wise move? Probably not given the next day's performance.

BTW...you can call me Tim :D

Once again, edit out my name you stalker.

Edited by Blue Train

Once again, edit out my name you stalker.

Not my edit, Pal.

Look little one...ever hear of a website called FaceBook? You tried to friend me one time [all a part of this weird ass fixation you have on me and the teams I support or whatever else gets your undies in a bunch] so I did a little research on the Friends lists of people I know that have you as their 'friend' [Why, I haven't a clue]. I easily found the link between you and your posts as it relates to "Louis S-------". Even kid like you could do it. This isn't rocket science, you know...and judging by your response(s) I was spot on.

Now beg off creep.

Moderators: For the sake of all humanity, boot this weirdo.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I gave you multiple chances to step back from your stalking.

Tim S. McGlasson a teacher @ a High School in the San Joaquin Valley. All this is publicly posted by you on two BB's....and I am not breaking any rules.....Not one thing about my name has been, stalker....and you're breaking the rules of the board.

Right now you could post the FB, but no one knows anything about me.

I am very much willing to delete this. It's all up to you.

Edited by Blue Train

Tim S. McGlasson a teacher @ a High School in the San Joaquin Valley. All this is publicly posted by you on two BB's....and I am not breaking any rules.....Not one thing about my name has been, stalker....and you're breaking the rules of the board.

I haven't said two words to you until today.

[saved for posterity.]

Now how about it, Moderators?

A simple check of this guy's posts will prove and beyond a shadow of a doubt, his single minded purpose is to stalk me, goad me and otherwise be a colossal asshole on this BBS. Have you not noticed the sheer weight in numbers of threads he posts on to monopolize this BBS?

Boot this guy!

And if you won't do that, delete my account.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Saved for posterity.

Save all you want but doesn't change you're a stalker and breaking the board's rules. Also shows just how warped/stalker that you couldn't have done something as simple as just editing out my name.

Edited by Blue Train

Saved for posterity.

Save all you want but doesn't change you're a stalker and breaking the board's rules. Also shows just how warped/stalker that you couldn't have done something as simple as just editing out my name.

Once again, saved for posterity.

Either you Moderators get rid of this guy or delete my account.

There is no third choice.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Saved for posterity.

Once again, saved for posterity.

Either you Moderators get rid of this guy or delete my account.

There is no third choice.

Removing my name which once again has never been mentioned anywhere publicly is not an option is something only a stalker would say. Just how hard is it to edit it out?...and I edit out everything else....which is of us really is coming across the worse in this?

You're the one that like a stalker found and posted publicly something that hasn't been posted publicly by anyone but you.

Once again.....unless you want to make sure everyone thinks you're a stalker.....just how how hard is it to edit it out? That's all I asked.....and how many times now? I could care less of anything else you posted about me.

P.S. With your usual crying to the moderators....keep in mind how each and every time before you went creepy stalker....they edited out my name from your posts.

Once again...just edit out the name. I will delete everything.

Edited by Blue Train

It's about the 3rd time he's done it. One in response to Jim A.

If one wants off the board, they can contact the people who run the place and have it done quickly, unless the person is faking, as I suspect is going on here.

major SHEEEEEEEEESH! :tdown

Good thing I actually quoted the original version of post #317. Just proves my point about him.

All I asked was for him to edit out the name he stalked. I could care less about anything else.