Kenny Clarke-Francy Boland Big Band

Claude Schlouch

10 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Just received notification from Trunk Records that their Clarke/Boland LP compilation of the 3 KPMs is now out (single LP - the listing confirms that about half of it is Gary McFarland titles).

Not sure if the release is mono or stereo.

LP release only, limited to 500 copies (and Mr Trunk has confirmed that he is unlikely to do any further pressings). Order is in !

Would this be a good intro to the band for someone who knows nothing about the band but the enthusiasm shown for them on this board?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Would this be a good intro to the band for someone who knows nothing about the band but the enthusiasm shown for them on this board?

I’m hesitant, as yet to hear the LP although have a hunch Trunk will have done a great job. For an intro, LPs such as ‘All Blues’, ‘Sax No End’ and ‘Fellini 712’ would be where I would start.

23 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I’m hesitant, as yet to hear the LP although have a hunch Trunk will have done a great job. For an intro, LPs such as ‘All Blues’, ‘Sax No End’ and ‘Fellini 712’ would be where I would start.

All of above and All Smiles is a great one too. The Trunk one is probably mono, so do start with the MPS/Polydor ones first.

On 01/09/2018 at 11:05 PM, RogerF said:

All of above and All Smiles is a great one too. The Trunk one is probably mono, so do start with the MPS/Polydor ones first.

No qualms whatsoever with the sound on the Trunk/KPM compilation. It includes much of the cream of those 3 KPM LPs. Interestingly, the LP has KPM labels on it, within a (sort of hand made) Trunk sleeve.

On 20/02/2018 at 3:52 PM, Claude Schlouch said:

Clarke Boland Big Band

Out Of The Folk Bag (with bonus CD)

Release again reported

About October 1, 2018

Any more news about this (reputed) offering ?

Edited by sidewinder

12 hours ago, sidewinder said:

No qualms whatsoever with the sound on the Trunk/KPM compilation. It includes much of the cream of those 3 KPM LPs. Interestingly, the LP has KPM labels on it, within a (sort of hand made) Trunk sleeve.

Any more news about this (reputed) offering ?

Alas no. October 1, 2018 remains the planned date. Still a little patience...