Anyone order online from Downtown Music Gallery?

I ordered the Tzadik version of Metheny's "Tap" from them today based on the recommendation of a Yahoo Metheny list member. I will order future Zorn and Tzadik releases from they because they directly support him. Do they send confirmations after you order? Also, they would ship to Dutchess County in NY, right? I read something like they require a $100 minimum for in store credit card orders but I hope that's not the case for an online order. Thanks!

I have ordered from DMG many times with no problem. They typically do not send a confirmation until the order is being shipped. Since my understanding is that most its business is mail order these days, I can't see why DMG would not ship to Dutchess County. No minimums for online that I am aware of. Indeed, I have ordered as few as two CDs from them before.

In store....it's allegedly cash....for a debit card it has to be over $50 and $100 for al credit card. Online it's doesn't matter.

As in, the whole thing is bogus if you buy 2-3 things in store and are at least using a debit card.

I have never had a problem...and they only charge you when the full order you order is mailed.

Edited by Blue Train

I've ordered a few times from them online and it wasn't a good experience: the orders took ages and the last time they sent a wrong item; I returned it when they asked me to, and then everything went silent... Long story short, I had to move heaven and earth to get my money back. Never again.

Edited by J.A.W.