What do avant-prog rockers do when they retire?

A Lark Ascending

mm13c.jpg

All Star Mr & Mrs: ITV: Wednesday 8th May: 8.00pm
All Star Mr & Mrs: ITV +1: Wednesday 8th May: 9.00pm
Phillip Schofield presents a new series of the classic game show as three celebrity couples battle it out to win £30,000 for their chosen charity. Who knows the most about their other half? The couples hoping to win big this time are TV presenter Gabby Logan and husband Kenny Logan, singer Toyah Willcox and husband, guitarist Robert Fripp, and EastEnders actor Jake Wood and wife Alison Wood.

http://www.toyah.net/tag/all-star-mr-mrs/

He could at least have worn a Schizoid Man mask,

Edited by A Lark Ascending

I thought at first this post was a joke. But I fear it isn't.

I thought it was a joke also. Fripp has his nose in the air so much, that he hasn't seen his shoes in ages.

Edit for spelling

Edited by Matthew

mm13c.jpg

Phillip Schofield presents a new series of the classic game show as three celebrity couples battle it out to win £30,000 for their chosen charity. Who knows the most about their other half? The couples hoping to win big this time are TV presenter Gabby Logan and husband Kenny Logan, singer Toyah Willcox and husband, guitarist Robert Fripp, and EastEnders actor Jake Wood and wife Alison Wood.

If they take his picture, will he leave?:)

mm13c.jpg

They were living in Broad Chalke, not far farom Salisbury until recently (not sure if they are still there). The house previously owned by Cecil Beaton !

Edited by sidewinder

Fripp hides his location as 'Bredenborough'.

Though he seems happy to share the minutiae of his everyday life on line:

http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?entry=23427

Maybe you recognise the street there, Sidewinder. Then we can all call round for tea.

He originates from Wimborne Minster.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

'Bredenborough' must be code for Salisbury. I recognise the photos of the town centre ! He must still live in Broad Chalke or there-abouts.

Next time I am in the Salisbury Waitrose/John Lewis I'll look out for Toyah pushing a cart. :lol:

Fripp is a very Dorset name, so no suprise with origination from Wimborne Minster.

Edited by sidewinder

Screened tonight, available in the UK on ITV Player for a month. I actually was quite pleasantly surprised by this show. Bob is clearly a very devoted husband and indeed they are a very devoted couple. His rather endearing west country burr reminded me of the short spoken interludes he recited on Giles, Giles and Fripp's (The Cheerful Insanity of).

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/all-star-mr-and-mrs/series-5/episode-2

My wife saw this last night, at her friend's. I asked her about Robert Fripp and she didn't know who she was and didn't take any notice of the other contestants because her friend's cousin, Gabby Logan (a TV sports presenter), and her husband (Scottish rugby player), were on and my wife and her friend were gossiping about Gabby all the time she wasn't on.

MG

Just because he looks like an OAP, is married to Toyah and his sartorial sense seems off the pegg at M&S, doesn't mean he's totally devoid of his muse. But in saying that, I haven't followed his work since the 80s.

I caught an interview with David Byrne the other day, he's gone old too: a puffy grey face and almost a double chin on his neck. But he definitely still has something creative to give.