TOCJ-9504 - John Patton - Got a Good Thing Goin'

TOCJ-9505 - Donald Byrd - At the Half Note Cafe, Vol.1

TOCJ-9506 - Donald Byrd - At the Half Note Cafe, Vol.2

TOCJ-9507 - Joe Henderson - Mode for Joe

TOCJ-9508 - Andrew Hill - Judgment

TOCJ-9509 - Freddie Hubbard - Ready for Freddie

TOCJ-9510 - Stanley Turrentine - Never Let Me Go

Edited by J.A.W.

I just had a look at the Toshiba site, and it says (in Japanese) that there will be 100 new RVG titles starting in June.

It will be interesting to see exactly what comes out...I hope to see some of those later Andrew Hill and Sam Rivers sessions.

Since the JRVG series is comprised of titles that Lion produced, the pool of possible releases is rapidy shrinking. It would be nice to see some of these: "Soundin Off, "The Procrastinator", "Sonic Boom", "The Rajah", "Portrait of Sheila, "Far Away Lands", Z.T.'s Blues, "Gravy Train", "Back on the Scene", "Here to Stay", "Down With It", "Jody Grind", "Lonely Town", Bring It Home to Me" etc..

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

Guest Mnytime

Wulfman

The subject of the upcoming 100 JRVG's has already been discussed on this board. If you check I believe they post what will be in the first batch of released. In the case of the upcoming 100 JRVG's I also believe there will be alt takes this time.

Hans:

Will these TOCJ's have alt takes and if I recall the list of upcoming JRVG's a few of them are being issued in first batch of 100 JRVG's as well.

Edited by Mnytime

The 1st 251 didn't have alt. takes and it's a shame (imo) that they started to add them in with the few from that 9300 series. The thing is, the mini-lp covers are supposed to be exact replicas of the orginals and you can't do that if you have a "Joe Blow +3" release. I hope they release this next batch without them.

Wrong Again,Purple Herman! I have purchased Imports that have extra tracks on them and have still re-produced the original cover art. The information on the extra tracks usually is in the insert packaged with the disc inside the sleeve. :party:

Edited by Out2Lunch

Guest Mnytime

Weizen

I prefer the alt takes myself. After all we are not going to be getting anything new otherwise from these musicians for obvious reasons. ;) Also, as Tod has pointed out in the past the extra information is put in the back while the cover art is left alone.

Wrong Again,Purple Herman!  I have purchased Imports that have extra tracks on them and have still re-produced the original cover art.  The information on the extra tracks usually is in the insert packaged with the disc inside the sleeve.  :party:

That's why I continue to tell friends, family and whoever will listen to me in the grocery store that you are the font of all knowledge!! :D I collected the first 251 and then decided to skip those ones because of the alt. take 'thang'.....does this mean that I'll have to sell more dope to Aric and his buddies out in WA in order to be able to afford to buy those 9300 series ones too???

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen