Speakeasy Jazzcorner Forums Shutting Down July 1

BeBop

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comes as a surprise. I had no idea it had gotten that slow over there. That was my main hangout back around '99 (?) when JCS went down, and before the BN site was revamped, but I've only rarely logged on there in recent years.

As a previous reader of the BNBB and an occasional (at best) poster here, the announced closing of the Jazzcorner site made me realize what a huge void I'd have w/o the Organissimo forums. The work of Jim to start this and keep it going, the moderators and the participants here is tremendously appreciated and important to me.

Hi Kids.

I'm the dork who invented the name three people game on JC that you guys have taken and run with, to my great amusement. Anyway, Lois just announced that the JazzCorner Forums are ending on July 1.

As a creature of habit, I've spent most of my time there, but expect to join you fine folks in light of this development.

Just wondering whether JC folks will move over here. I will encourage it. Hope that doesn't seem like a bummer or imposition.

-thelil

As a previous reader of the BNBB and an occasional (at best) poster here, the announced closing of the Jazzcorner site made me realize what a huge void I'd have w/o the Organissimo forums. The work of Jim to start this and keep it going, the moderators and the participants here is tremendously appreciated and important to me.

Amen.

As for an influx here from there: I'll buckle my seat belt.

I think merging the two boards would be well beyond this board's capacity. But some key posts from the most critical threads could be reposted here (if the members move over here) and seed threads here. That was really all I meant.

Have not been active at the Speakeasy for some (many?) years now; discussion of new music there was almost always vibrant and insightful. Do hope to see some familiar names / faces join up here.

Edited by Joe

I think merging the two boards would be well beyond this board's capacity. But some key posts from the most critical threads could be reposted here (if the members move over here) and seed threads here. That was really all I meant.

Lois has stated that none of it will be archived, so as of July 1 every last word there goes bye bye forever.

I envision a lengthy continued discussion by former JC regulars about how we steadfastly refuse to post on Organissimo. I know for a fact that I'm more steadfast about it than Rollhead, who is steadslow at best. I also envision that this might be the fastest way to wear out any envisioned welcome. (But I also envision that I may have already done so by using envision(ed) 5 times in 3 sentences, but it was necessary to establish my steadfastness.)

Lois has stated that none of it will be archived, so as of July 1 every last word there goes bye bye forever.

Well, it's captured somewhere (apparently the British Library among other places that takes a snapshot of the entire web), but it might be really a drag to try to retrieve it. I guess folks over there will have to decide what they want to do.