Speakeasy Jazzcorner Forums Shutting Down July 1

BeBop

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why there has to be all of this extended, dramatic introduction of new people coming to this forum. If you want to post here, why not just do it? If it turns out that you don't like it here, oh well. If it turns out that you like it, great.

I think that one difference between Jazzcorner Speakeasy and Organissimo is that the posters on Organissimo do not typically discuss the experience of posting, or make reference to themselves and their posting history. On Organissimo, we just talk about the subject at hand, without all of this self-reference stuff.

Edited by Hot Ptah

It's a sterilization, J.A.W.

That's all I was noting. Keeping things from getting nasty between posters is one thing, but deleting a post that simply referred to an event from 5 or so years ago, with no other intent than using it to make a quick point seems overbearing.

This entire fuss & post deleting over nothing (really) is like the young parents who incessantly wipe everything down everywhere trying to avoid completely little junior ever picking up a single germ.

My daughter & I have laughed our asses off over this type of thing when my grand daughter was little and she'd take the wipes supplied by the entrance of a super market and swabbed the shopping cart handle; asked how did she ever survive her childhood without all these wipe down strategies?

Around here, it kind of feels like some are deathly afraid they might pick up some of those JazzCorner germs:-))

Some fresh blood should be welcomed.

Agreed. But a word of warning to anyone (else) looking to Google the words "fresh blood" in search of a funny vampire picture to post. All I can say is: yuck!

I promise no more harmless attempts at humor that may lend itself to being misconstrued as non-conforming drama.

BTW, this thread is specifically about JC closing and JC people coming over here, so I'm kind of surprised that light non-confrontational discussion of JC people is being viewed as thread hijacking. It must have something to do with me "not being in Kansas anymore". As a musician, writer and former attorney living in Manhattan (NY, not Kansas), I must be lacking the sophistication that some here require.

OK. I broke my first sentence's promise, but I'm done. Please continue self-referential posts about the inappropriateness of self-referential posts without fear of reprisal.

Edited by steve(thelil)

one would think that new blood would be welcomed

I hope that is the case

If anyone here would bother to investigate, many posters from JCS have much to offer. How about some new viewpoints on music, etc. from many of us who have many years of experience listening, hearing, discussing, remembering?

Not in Kansas any longer?

welcoming spirit, anyone?

I may be missing something. Who is bringing old wars here?

It seems that O people are commenting negatively about JC people bringing old friendships here!

Yes, you are missing something because I deleted some posts that came in over night, probably while you were asleep.

The reference to Lois and Crouch was beginning to escalate into ugliness. I don't think Lois deserves such derision after 15 years of trying her best to serve the jazz community. That is my call to make. I'm not going to defend this further.

Enjoy the forum.

Let's all get over the grumps and move on. I've been posting on both forums for awhile now and both have neat people who are intelligent, and passionate about the music we love. Getting everyone posting on Organissimo will be a great thing.

totally agree! yes every bit of regulation is easy to compare to stalinism or the hoffmann board (and yes, there is a parallel: rules, they exist pretty much everywhere).and those comparisons are almost always unfair. plus: if you've fought those wars overthere, you should be through after 15 years? the basic rule of this forum is that Jim Alfredson does not have to be ashamed to own it even though he need not share every opinion expressed here - sounds harmless and it is. Welcome!

Just for the record. It was a former member of JC and current member from O that turned this ugly by taking a shot @ Lois. It wasn't those members from JC with cooties. The usual suspects took offense to those from JC taking offense to the attack.

I was the one that informed Jim A about the O member's post in hopes of keeping it from getting ugly. For 15-years Lois paid out of her own pocket to keep that place going. Why she has done it for the last 5?....the only reason I can think of is because of these members with cooties.

For over 15-17 years many of these people have posted there, or on JCS befoer that. Many of them have met in the real world and become friends only as a result of JC. Taking a shot at Lois during what is in essence part of the wake (many people probably no longer will be in contact with each other with it's demise)....over something that happened years ago. No way that wasn't going to not turn ugly.

I am suppposed to be the young one and even I know what is going on with the JC members.

Edited by Blue Train