Speakeasy Jazzcorner Forums Shutting Down July 1

BeBop

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jazz talk on the old Ask Jim Sangrey thread I linked to is great. I also dug the ending of the thread - with the now no longer on JC (but still unflappable) Brian O saying Jim must be a good guy if he likes peanut butter and banana and Jim bonding back with props to PB. It recalls another (for me) great moment on JC when a bunch of gourmet types were dissing Ketchup and the always brave "the enforcer" settling the matter with something close to "You guys are fucked up .Ketchup's great."

I guess it all depends on your definition of "fun".

Incorrect. It turns out that I can decide what's fun for me and that's not impacted in the slightest by whether or not it meets your definition.

Whatever floats yer boat, Lenny.

The jazz talk on the old Ask Jim Sangrey thread I linked to is great. I also dug the ending of the thread - with the now no longer on JC (but still unflappable) Brian O saying Jim must be a good guy if he likes peanut butter and banana and Jim bonding back with props to PB. It recalls another (for me) great moment on JC when a bunch of gourmet types were dissing Ketchup and the always brave "the enforcer" settling the matter with something close to "You guys are fucked up .Ketchup's great."

For some odd reason I never made the connection while on Organissimo.

Very cool, Jim ^_^

BTW,I know I've mentioned this before, but since you mentioned naming three people, I'm very proud that I invented the "Name Three People" game . If you doubt that, (and why wouldn't you), it's actually stated on the very first Organissimo "Name Three People" post. So I guess I'm grateful to all of you who kept it alive, even though it's weird if I am and weird if I'm not.

steve, did you see my post earlier in this thread?

steve?

BTW,I know I've mentioned this before, but since you mentioned naming three people, I'm very proud that I invented the "Name Three People" game . If you doubt that, (and why wouldn't you), it's actually stated on the very first Organissimo "Name Three People" post. So I guess I'm grateful to all of you who kept it alive, even though it's weird if I am and weird if I'm not.

steve, did you see my post earlier in this thread?

steve?

I haven't seen it. Sorry. I'll look now.

I'm the dork who invented the name three people game on JC that you guys have taken and run with, to my great amusement.

Inventing it and carefully molding it into one of the most important cultural phenomena of the 21st Century are two very different things.

Yes. This is true. Which is why I will be forever grateful to Organissimo for giving my existence on earth whatever meaning it may have. And even if this masterwork by O is insufficient to give my life any meaning, you folks can rest assured that you are doing the Godster's work. (He likes when I call him that. He calls me the Lil)

Edited by steve(thelil)

Well yeah, of course. There's an album cover for every occasion! And a picture is worth a thousand words.

On a really good day here, you can get both, so, what is that 2-for-1? Or 50& off, if you like simple math.

simple-math-300x300.jpg

When you have a good memory, as I do about certain stuff, it's easy to forget how much you still forget. Since the JC board is going away, I was looking through some stuff I wanted to save, including a very old humor thread (I forget if it was "Ask steve(thelil)" or another one that I ran my mouth off on)

. Anyway,on that OLD thread, I noticed a frequent and funny contributor who from an identical or VERY similar handle I recognized as being the artist who posts here as Jsngry. It was a name I recognized from this week on Organissimo, but had no recollection of from Jazz Corner. Small world. HOWEVER, Since it was an archived JC thread, it is possible that he posted under a DIFFERENT alias, but whose real name showed on the archives. (I know that has happened)

I think I went by Jim Sangrey there. That was when I was still thinking that I could have a career in " creative music" by positing on the Internet all day on every site possible and playing a few local gigs a week, and have a happy stable home life by taking the kids to/from school & by positing on the Internet all day on every site possible,& by letting my wife worry about such trivialities as making money and keeping the house clean and fixing most of the non-fast food meals we ate.

I'm sure there's a way to make that a winning combination, but it eventually became apparent to me that choices would have to be made, down would have to be pared, so...still got the wife (she's much happier now, as am I), still got one site to call "home", and,,,here we are.

Maybe this will bring back memories...Good stuff.

http://speakeasy.jazzcorner.com/speakeasyarchive/thread.php?forumid=16585

You know, I never did get a copy of "Live At The Meat House".

why three people?

Perhaps try your luck here: http://speakeasy.jazzcorner.com/speakeasyarchive/thread.php?forumid=2504

Thanks for linking that. I brings back memories. Was your motive to accuse Jim Sangrey for killing it? (It's a longstanding half-joke at JC that the person who posts last on a thread is a thread killer)

I just realized that the motive was more likely to THANK Jim S for helping end it!!!

why three people?

Perhaps try your luck here: http://speakeasy.jazzcorner.com/speakeasyarchive/thread.php?forumid=2504

Thanks for linking that. I brings back memories. Was your motive to accuse Jim Sangrey for killing it? (It's a longstanding half-joke at JC that the person who posts last on a thread is a thread killer)

Nah, my motive (as always) was to celebrate the one true zen master (I have no idea what I mean by that, but let's just go with it). If everybody would just read that thread, then your transition over to the Big O ought to go very smoothly, and life in general will be better for all (some) (okay, maybe a few, but still).

Oh, and it may amount to overkill, but I should probably make sure you see this:

There. Now we can go eat.

I'm the dork who invented the name three people game on JC that you guys have taken and run with, to my great amusement.

Inventing it and carefully molding it into one of the most important cultural phenomena of the 21st Century are two very different things.

Yes. This is true. Which is why I will be forever grateful to Organissimo for giving my existence on earth whatever meaning it may have. And even if this masterwork by O is insufficient to give my life any meaning, you folks can rest assured that you are doing the Godster's work. (He likes when I call him that. He calls me the Lil)

Btw, the whole "carefully molding..." thing was just a little mock conceit on my part. So clever and hilarious that I'm here explaining it now.

Why is it my head hurts when I see layer after layer after layer of quotes in the same post? :rfr

It is much easier than trying to edit the earlier stuff out. The new quoting system sucks big hairy donkey balls... well, that's being harsh to donkeys.

Not if the donkey enjoys it.

tumblr_l4yco5aI5q1qc51dw.jpg

Why is it my head hurts when I see layer after layer after layer of quotes in the same post? :rfr

It is much easier than trying to edit the earlier stuff out. The new quoting system sucks big hairy donkey balls... well, that's being harsh to donkeys.

Harsh to Organissimo posters, too.

why three people?

Nah, my motive (as always) was to celebrate the one true zen master (I have no idea what I mean by that, but let's just go with it). If everybody would just read that thread, then your transition over to the Big O ought to go very smoothly, and life in general will be better for all (some) (okay, maybe a few, but still).

Oh, and it may amount to overkill, but I should probably make sure you see this:

There. Now we can go eat.

I love being overkilled with kindness!!! (he said so as to induce cringing)