Speakeasy Jazzcorner Forums Shutting Down July 1

BeBop

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI...I noticed a "Good Speak" has a FaceBook account recently.

Not mine. I have nothing at all to do with it.

Oh and Walto, [thelil], Blue Train? I do not keep a diary on the internet nor am I a college professor. Why that link to JC in the first post is still there truly baffles me. It has become a vehicle to slam me and spread rumors. But I guess that's the point, isn't it?

Haters gonna hate.

Carry on.

Edited by GoodSpeak

I'm pretty sure the guy with the online diary Walto was talking about in derogatory terms on JC was not Good Speak.

In any event, I am absolutely certain that when I asked Walto a question about that guy and referred to him negatively (based on what Walto had said) I was not thinking about Good Speak, nor writing about Good Speak.

Edited by steve(thelil)

Everyone on JC and O knows you're a High School teacher. You have said it so many times a person would have to have Dementia to forget it. That alone should have been a clue for you....that the person in question wasn't you.

It's however interesting that you thought it was you.

I didn't even have anything to do with the diary conversation.

Edited by Blue Train

Everyone on JC and O knows you're a High School teacher. You have said it so many times a person would have to have Dementia to forget it. That alone should have been a clue for you....that the person in question wasn't you.

It's however interesting that you thought it was you.

I didn't even have anything to do with the diary conversation.

Oy. I tried to make the basic point that we weren't discussing Good Speak without being insulting or personal. Let's not play in the mud.

I'm pretty sure the guy with the online diary Walto was talking about in derogatory terms on JC was not Good Speak.

In any event, I am absolutely certain that when I asked Walto a question about that guy and referred to him negatively (based on what Walto had said) I was not thinking about Good Speak, nor writing about Good Speak.

Amazingly though :Nod: , within 2 entries he did turn THIS topic all about HIM :bad:

george_clinton-you_shouldnt-nuf_bit_fish

Yeah, still take his bait @ times and fall into the hole.

I should have just posted the Sabbath video again.

The question I have is.....with this whole ad hominem campaign....

Just why can someone now post something that is 100% B.S (and clearly 100% ad hominem) and the post is still there? Never mind deleted....a lot less was edited out as part of the ad hominem campaign.

P.S. Once again....it is those without "cooties" that are once again trying to go out of their way to start trouble in this thread.

Edited by Blue Train

george_clinton-you_shouldnt-nuf_bit_fish

Yeah, still take his bait @ times and fall into the hole.

I should have just posted the Sabbath video again.

The question I have is.....with this whole ad hominem campaign....

Just why can someone now post something that is 100% B.S (and clearly 100% ad hominem) and the post is still there? Never mind deleted....a lot less was edited out as part of the ad hominem campaign.

P.S. Once again....it is those without "cooties" that are once again trying to go out of their way to start trouble in this thread.

Tell you what - I dare you both to go one month without responding to anything the other one says, or even to this post.

No need to publicly "take" the dare, just do it. Just exist in cyberspace in a state of willful, blissful refusal to acknowledge that the other one even exists in your mind and can push your buttons.

One month.

Clock starts now.

I don't know a whole lot of what went on over at the other board... let's call it "board Y" - over the past few years, but it seems to me that some old grudges are being carried over here. Seems quite childish, so perhaps this board needs some sort of age restriction or adult supervision/approval requirement.

Edited by Lyin' Wolf

I don't know a whole lot of what went on over at the other board... let's call it "board Y" - over the past few years, but it seems to me that some old grudges are being carried over here. Seems quite childish, so perhaps this board needs some sort of age restriction or adult supervision/approval requirement.

Let's not generalize about an entire board and a whole bunch of people because of an exchange or two that bothered you. You can find the exact same kind of crap here among people who never posted on board Y. You're really sounding no different than the stuff you're complaining about.

Let's not generalize about an entire board and a whole bunch of people because of an exchange or two that bothered you. You can find the exact same kind of crap here among people who never posted on board Y. You're really sounding no different than the stuff you're complaining about.

It was not a generalization. There are 4-5 posts that seem to me to be indicative of some type of long standing grudge between a couple of posters from board Y. Unless those posters represent all of Jazz Corner, err board Y, I see no generalization here whatsoever. Sorry you took it that way or that I was ambiguous with my statement.

There are grudges here too. Some are childish as well. Others I don't understand - and that might be the case here

Just seems like a bad way to make a first impression.... if one even needs to be made, I suppose.

Or may better yet......never mind. It was probably to keep my yap shut.

Carry on!

JSngry is the man.

Come on, thelil. He knows you're the man (aside from Rin Tinton, of course... or was Rin Tinton a dog? This gets confusing).

By the way, props for your (hopefully temporary, as no laughs are involved) role here as a solid voice of reason.

Lemme see...the other guy(s) start it and I'm the guy who is supposed to refrain from responding.

Perfect.

Just like old times, isn't guys?

Personal responsibility is dead in this country.

Done.

It was not a generalization. There are 4-5 posts that seem to me to be indicative of some type of long standing grudge between a couple of posters from board Y. Unless those posters represent all of Jazz Corner, err board Y, I see no generalization here whatsoever. Sorry you took it that way or that I was ambiguous with my statement.

There are grudges here too. Some are childish as well. Others I don't understand - and that might be the case here

Just seems like a bad way to make a first impression.... if one even needs to be made, I suppose.

Or may better yet......never mind. It was probably to keep my yap shut.

Carry on!

You nailed it, Lyin' Wolf.