Speakeasy Jazzcorner Forums Shutting Down July 1

BeBop

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a shame the place will no longer be around.

however as some have noted, the volume and activity has been almost nothing for quite some time.

when BBS traffic was high and the internet was newer, there was *nothing* quite like Jazz Corner - the memories and friends I've met are priceless...

Edited by Steve Reynolds

a shame the place will no longer be around.

however as some have noted, the volume and activity has been almost nothing for quite some time.

when BBS traffic was high and the internet was newer, there was *nothing* quite like Jazz Corner - the memories and friends I've met are priceless...

If Reynolds is here, all is not lost!

(OK. He may be, but still.......................)

I always liked Jazooo's posts, HLJ's short posts with "peace.and all that." at the end are amusing. DEEP's personality is not missed. I remember when avant garde fans crapped on mainstream ones, a guy (coypu?) trying to claim death metal (I think it was JC) superior to jazz.

regardless of the changes through the years, I will most definitely miss it but am grateful for all the years and the friends I've made. big thanks to Lois for putting up with a lot of "stuff"!

Me too certainly, and if memory serves that's the place where I met you 'Sis, where we met eventually along with many others!!

The *stuff* (which would spin out of control from time to time) was part of the strength of the place...would allow people to get after it with one another; more times than not would spark discussions.

Your opinion may vary;-))

Other places, specifically this one and AAJ pretty much don't allow disagreeing 'loudly,' which is NOT a put_down....just the way they choose to moderate/operate.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

A snapshot of the entire web?!

Good lord!

I wasn't even aware that was possible.

The British Library is only going to try to gather UK content, but that includes lots of blogs and maybe Facebook pages and probably your emails (esp. if on Gmail!): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/9973160/British-Library-to-begin-web-harvest.html

I believe I read that Google does harvest the web periodically but they keep mum about it given all the copyright issues involved.

I'm the dork who invented the name three people game on JC that you guys have taken and run with, to my great amusement.

Inventing it and carefully molding it into one of the most important cultural phenomena of the 21st Century are two very different things.

regardless of the changes through the years, I will most definitely miss it but am grateful for all the years and the friends I've made. big thanks to Lois for putting up with a lot of "stuff"!

Me too certainly, and if memory serves that's the place where I met you 'Sis, where we met eventually along with many others!!

The *stuff* (which would spin out of control from time to time) was part of the strength of the place...would allow people to get after it with one another; more times than not would spark discussions.

Your opinion may vary;-))

Other places, specifically this one and AAJ pretty much don't allow disagreeing 'loudly,' which is NOT a put_down....just the way they choose to moderate/operate.

absolutely, Mike. and Pete and Ron and Mary and Clint and Peter and others that I got to meet face-to-face. I am very grateful to Lois.

I am writing a grant proposal (high six figures!) now that will make me the life-long curator of JCS threads started by Steve(thelil).

I'm feeling it. I am already fielding calls from potential sponsors (many names of which you would know from watching the credits on Ken Burns documentaries or the Charlie Rose show!)

Hi Kids.

I'm the dork who invented the name three people game on JC that you guys have taken and run with, to my great amusement. Anyway, Lois just announced that the JazzCorner Forums are ending on July 1.

As a creature of habit, I've spent most of my time there, but expect to join you fine folks in light of this development.

Just wondering whether JC folks will move over here. I will encourage it. Hope that doesn't seem like a bummer or imposition.

-thelil

Are you really The Lil? Or just A Lil of many Lils? If you are The Lil, that's rather impressive, one should think.

No, he is (THElil)!

Not to be confused with just any ol' cheap impostor.

He is THE cheapest of impostors.

A little respect is in order, my friend.

BTW, CJ. Do you have any of Jazzooo's material? If you don't have a copy of Two Days in November, I cannot recommend it highly enough!

I hope Clint Hopson and HenryMc make their way over here. Great guys.

A crying shame about JMJ, though.

And Rollie? I have nothing to say except that I have nothing to say. :P

Edited by GoodSpeak

Removed posts due to references to old wars on JC. I will not tolerate bringing that stuff over here.

And, with all due respect, you also removed my post, which had no such "old wars" references, Jim.

I'm cool with being a part of this scene or not. If you're really worried about my reputation or style, ask around, please.

Maybe someone can contact BN and convince them to revive the BNBB.

:crazy:

BTW, if it's not too late, all you newbies should contribute to Alfredson's Kickstarter campaign to fund a Big John Patton tribute album.

Maybe it will be enough to put him over the top!

Removed posts due to references to old wars on JC. I will not tolerate bringing that stuff over here.

You removed Chris' post just because he mentioned the Stanley Crouch dustup?

With all due respect, this place is becoming a little more like the Steve Hoffman forums by the day.

You removed Chris' post just because he mentioned the Stanley Crouch dustup?

With all due respect, this place is becoming a little more like the Steve Hoffman forums by the day.

Well, if you don't like the way this place is moderated, you know where the door is :)