Speakeasy Jazzcorner Forums Shutting Down July 1

BeBop

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean to challenge Jim or ask him to defend his decisions in any way. Nor did I complain about deletions. I honestly didn't know what the reference to people bringing old battles here was about. (I may not be an innocent, but I certainly am capable of cluelessness!!!)

A big Kumbaya to Jim and my new and old friends ! (he said from a markedly non-crouch-ing posture) .

Onward over the high road!!!

Edited by steve(thelil)

Not that it matters to anyone, but here is the message I sent to Lois:

Lois,

All animosity aside, I am sorry to see JazzCorner go down.

I met many good people there and had many a good discussion. Some, I have met personally and because of a direct result of my existence on your website.

I am sincerely sorry things could not have worked out for the better and I want to personally thank you for all you did to keep the place going...especially after Jazz Central Station went down. You gave us a place to continue. To thrive. To live and to share more than just our love for Jazz.

I wish for you only the best in your future projects in the support of the Jazz music we all love.

Sincerely and in Regret,

Tim "GoodSpeak"

And with that, I leave this thread...possibly this BBS. I am so very sorry that things could not have been better between us. I am not a bad person. But...I guess that doesn't matter, either.

All the best,

Tim

Edited by GoodSpeak

Good lord! Al, been a long, long time! What's happening, brother?

Same old same. Just with a little less time for posting on these boards (which gives me a little more time to listen to music, and foment revolution). Oh, and I think I'm still recovering from my hangover from our last meeting.

Good lord! Al, been a long, long time! What's happening, brother?

Same old same. Just with a little less time for posting on these boards (which gives me a little more time to listen to music, and foment revolution). Oh, and I think I'm still recovering from my hangover from our last meeting.

Things got...what would you say...a little bit out of hand that night. DBA's is no place to start drinking at noon. ;)

As for the revolution, please send me dates and times!

Glad to hear you are doing well, and wish you'd pop out of the woodwork more often. Are you on FB at all?

Check...1-2

Hey, some site has to become the lucky recipient of my 3 posts a week...

LENNY!!!! I'm quite happy for you to join me here as the new kids!

But we're not allowed to talk about ourselves (or even each other) too much, unless we balance it with sufficient talk about album cover art.

I actually don't believe this, but that's what some people on JC are saying about Organissimo, and I've made like 6 straight posts here without being a wise guy and I was about to explode.

Check...1-2

But we're not allowed to talk about ourselves (or even each other) too much, unless we balance it with sufficient talk about album cover art.

I actually don't believe this, but that's what some people on JC are saying about Organissimo, and I've made like 6 straight posts here without being a wise guy and I was about to explode.

Whoa...Where the hell am I? I'm sorry, I thought I clicked on The Beer Thread but ended up here.

Check...1-2

Whoa...Where the hell am I? I'm sorry, I thought I clicked on The Beer Thread but ended up here.

LOL (it's ok to laugh here,right?)

Check...1-2

Since we're currently in the litter box you can even pee simultaneously!

Check...1-2

If something is funny.

For those too dense to know what is going on, or going out of their way to start an agrugment..it's a Wake on place that has moved onto a single thread on here...it involves people who have known each other 5-7 years longer than this board even started..

I wasn't there when the Blue Note BB died and I am pretty sure it wasn't anywhere close to 15-17 years.

Kübler-Ross, anyone?

Just for the record. It was a former member of JC and current member from O that turned this ugly by taking a shot @ Lois. It wasn't those members from JC with cooties. The usual suspects took offense to those from JC taking offense to the attack.

I was the one that informed Jim A about the O member's post in hopes of keeping it from getting ugly. For 15-years Lois paid out of her own pocket to keep that place going. Why she has done it for the last 5?....the only reason I can think of is because of these members with cooties.

For over 15-17 years many of these people have posted there, or on JCS befoer that. Many of them have met in the real world and become friends only as a result of JC. Taking a shot at Lois during what is in essence part of the wake (many people probably no longer will be in contact with each other with it's demise)....over something that happened years ago. No way that wasn't going to not turn ugly.

I am suppposed to be the young one and even I know what is going on with the JC members.

Edited by Blue Train