Speakeasy Jazzcorner Forums Shutting Down July 1

BeBop

There's bound to be a little discomfort/tension when an established group is suddenly hit with a bunch of new people who know each other.

But it's silly to talk about it it as a big thing, because the only thing that makes it a big thing is talking about it as if it's a big thing.

BELIEVE me, former JCers are by no means any kind of homogeneous group any more than long time Orgers. We're just a group of basically diverse immigrants looking for new shores since our former island was destroyed by a digital Tsunami. (I blame Stallone).

But my real point is that I don't speak for any other former JCers and I don't necessarily trust them and understand why you wouldn't either. Except Thorne. He's harmless, at worst.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see what the big deal is. Either people will migrate here or they won't. Either they will abide by the rules or they won't. I welcome everyone who wants to join up (again... email me directly, since we seem to be having issues with the registration system at the moment).

Moving on.

There's bound to be a little discomfort/tension when an established group is suddenly hit with a bunch of new people who know each other.

But it's silly to talk about it it as a big thing, because the only thing that makes it a big thing is talking about it as if it's a big thing.

BELIEVE me, former JCers are by no means any kind of homogeneous group any more than long time Orgers. We're just a group of basically diverse immigrants looking for new shores since our former island was destroyed by a digital Tsunami. (I blame Stallone).

But my real point is that I don't speak for any other former JCers and I don't necessarily trust them and understand why you wouldn't either. Except Thorne. He's harmless, at worst.

This board was founded out of a cyber-diaspora, so believe me, we understand. I do anyway.

The only issues that might arise would be those stemming from blatant scab-picking, or any other sort of ad-hominem negativity. That ain't gonna work. But that holds true for all members, old and new.

Other than that, y'all are welcome here, so start naming three peoples, fours and afts, and/or five basic food groups, all in the form of album covers whenever possible.

This board was founded out of a cyber-diaspora, so believe me, we understand. I do anyway.

The only issues that might arise would be those stemming from blatant scab-picking, or any other sort of ad-hominem negativity. That ain't gonna work. But that holds true for all members, old and new.

Other than that, y'all are welcome here, so start naming three peoples, fours and afts, and/or five basic food groups, all in the form of album covers whenever possible.

EXTREMELY FUNNY......and thanks.

BTW,I know I've mentioned this before, but since you mentioned naming three people, I'm very proud that I invented the "Name Three People" game . If you doubt that, (and why wouldn't you), it's actually stated on the very first Organissimo "Name Three People" post. So I guess I'm grateful to all of you who kept it alive, even though it's weird if I am and weird if I'm not.

Edited by steve(thelil)

This forum has become too ridiculous. While y'all look for album covers with dust or a coffee stain on them, I'm outta here. Jim, if there is a way to remove all traces of me here, please do so.

That's so silly and petty. It's a single thread about JC people coming over. It's not like anybody is getting in the way of what you want to talk about.

This forum has become too ridiculous. While y'all look for album covers with dust or a coffee stain on them, I'm outta here. Jim, if there is a way to remove all traces of me here, please do so.

That's so silly and petty.

It's a single thread about JC people coming over. It was clear from the start what it this thread was like. SO if it's not your cuppa entertainment, don't keep reading it.. It's not like anybody is joking about the new JC invasion on other threads...... (he said ignorantly, hoping that it was true.....)

Edited by steve(thelil)

Isn't this like the 5th time you've wanted to take your ball and go home?

Wouldn't it be easier for you to avoid the forums?

Having Jim remove all traces of you is ridiculous.

Edited by Soulstation1

BTW,I know I've mentioned this before, but since you mentioned naming three people, I'm very proud that I invented the "Name Three People" game . If you doubt that, (and why wouldn't you), it's actually stated on the very first Organissimo "Name Three People" post. So I guess I'm grateful to all of you who kept it alive, even though it's weird if I am and weird if I'm not.

Now, if you were the guy who invented album cover threads, then you'd have some serious justifications to make. You would have found the fatal wound in all things human and poured open salt into it. And I would be but one of your many victims.

But this? This is actually cool.

Edited by JSngry
removed original tacky comment, but not an ad-hominem one.

Oh, for the record, officially, complaints against content should be registered through the Report function/link. The moderators do look at that stuff, believe me.

And also, issues with moderation should be sent to the moderator in question or to Jim A via PM.

But in this case, you got a moderator who fucked up, and who is going to bed soon. Problem causer & problem solver one and the same. Shortest distance between two points.

So, again, my bad.

And why three people?

steve, did you see my post earlier in this thread?

Oh, for the record, officially, complaints against content should be registered through the Report function/link. The moderators do look at that stuff, believe me.

And also, issues with moderation should be sent to the moderator in question or to Jim A via PM.

But in this case, you got a moderator who fucked up, and who is going to bed soon. Problem causer & problem solver one and the same. Shortest distance between two points.

So, again, my bad.

And why three people?

My post about your choice of words was meant to be humorous/light-hearted, not a serious complaint. My tone just ain't coming throught the internet tubes these days.

i'm sorry Chris, but this post of yours resonates with "deja-vu-ishness"!!!! c'mon, already. you seem to be getting more "sensitive" with each passing day.

i'm sorry Chris, but this post of yours resonates with "deja-vu-ishness"!!!! c'mon, already. you seem to be getting more "sensitive" with each passing day.

I actually understand what he's saying. Back in the day he, Johnny E, and myself used to have all out battle royales in the political forums. A forum that explicitly states a heat/kitchen warning, AND one that Jim can block for you by request. Now, simply pointing out obvious hypocrisy can cause your post to be deleted.

But, it was recently explained to me that things got really, really bad here not too long ago. Even went as far as physical threats being made (a la SinginSumo and Chris many moons ago). With that explanation in mind it makes a lot more sense that this board would be locked down as tightly as it is now. But for some, it simply isn't their cup of tea.

And to Chris' credit, when Lois removed his entire account from JC, he never came back (with the exception of a single post to offer his condolences for the death of SinginSumo).

I don't understand. I'm sure he meant it figuratively, but what seems ridiculous is to summarize all the forum posts here as looking for album covers with dust and coffee stains. Something, by the way, that specifically has never been posted. To write "I'm outa here" and "remove all traces of me" is oddly over dramatic, especially when it's happened before. If you can't quietly ignore posts and subjects that have no interest or appeal to you, then publicly commenting is a call for attention by inviting a response. Unless being recognized and appreciated is important to someone, anyone can always read and enjoy (or not) this forum as a guest or anonymously or just quietly move on. Personally I've received a lot from Chris' posts over the years. But it's not worth his suffering over.