2013 NHL Playoffs

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, excellent final 4 and the West semis were both awesome series. I was impressed by the Red Wings' play after squeaking into the playoffs.

[Added] I see the Ranger$ had to make a play for "back page coverage" by firing their coach just before the finals... :w

Edited by T.D.

Well, at least your thread got a response... :g

As a Sharks fan, I'm completely drained, morose, and anti-hockey for the moment. I'll get back into it by Saturday.

I'm in San Jose, so the Sharks series does sting, but should have been expected.....the old guard fails at the end; no surprise again.

Hoped against hope that the younger guys and Niemi could carry them through the round.

Excellent final four. I'm a Sabres fan and since they did not make the cut my interest level sort of slacked off- especially after Montreal lost. But that Chicago Detroit series brought me back. I also loved seeing the Rangers lose, although I despise the Bruins.

I've got no rooting interest - just don't want to see the Bruins win. Around Buffalo, Chicago probably will have a few backers because of local boy Patrick Kane. I'm just hoping the series live up to their potential.

It's a shame that the western finals is resorting to back-to-back games at this time of year.

Naturally it's all about $$$$ so they can get both hockey night in Canada and the Sunday USA national broadcast included.

Also quite surprised at the Boston/Pens result.

Pens scoring at a rabid pace getting shut out quite a shocker in game 1!

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Game 2 Pens vs Bruins, end of the second.

YIKES!! Boston is leading, 4 - 1.

Penguins just can't seem to get their hips in gear, even after Game 1's massacre. One more period to go, but I don't understand why they are not checking effectively on the point. The Bruins, as they did last game, are walking all over them. WHEW.

Game 2 Pens vs Bruins, end of the second.

YIKES!! Boston is leading, 4 - 1.

Penguins just can't seem to get their hips in gear, even after Game 1's massacre. One more period to go, but I don't understand why they are not checking effectively on the point. The Bruins, as they did last game, are walking all over them. WHEW.

pitt's lack of aggressiveness is unfathomable.

I wouldn't describe game 1 in those harsh terms patricia, but 4-1 with a period to go at home does sound a little ugly!

I've got to think Iginla is feeling kind of silly right now...

Why would that be?

He's on a cup contender in the semi-finals instead of at home or on vacation...

Considering the deal was done and he was on his way to Boston when he exercised his option and insisted on Pittsburgh, well, I'd certainly have mixed emotions about now.

I'm glad to see that the Finals will be contested by two cities whose people really care.

Not fair to say.....every team that started the Stanley Cup playoffs came from cities with very strong fan bases.

Finals are on NBC.

Of the 7 possible games all except games 2 & 3 are on NBC [ 2 & 3 on cable NBC Sports Network] ,and 2 Canadian networks

I'm glad to see that the Finals will be contested by two cities whose people really care.

Not fair to say.....every team that started the Stanley Cup playoffs came from cities with very strong fan bases.

I wasn't referring to the fan bases. I was referring to the cities. Back in '79 I spoke with the Station Manager of the Birmingham radio station which carried the WHA Bulls games, and I remember him telling me that he had come to the conclusion that hockey fans are the greatest in the world, and that they're all at the game! (Nobody at home was listening to his broadcasts.)

When the Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup a few years ago here, so little of the city cared, they held their parade in the arena's parking lot!